Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Didn't take long. Bleacher Report is reporting Baylor has reached a settlement agreement with Briles but conditions are unknown at the moment.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Horrible situation which will be forever associated with BU.

In hind site I guess the Baptist were correct in not allowing dancing all those years if this is indeed what it leads to. (sorry..)

I wonder how many wins will be vacated by the NCAA. I would imagine several.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I would guess zero. I don't think the NCAA is going to touch this at all because of the backlash over Penn State, both when the punishments were announced and again when they were reversed. The will continue to say that this is a "criminal matter and should be handled by law enforcement."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Horrible situation which will be forever associated with BU.

In hind site I guess the Baptist were correct in not allowing dancing all those years if this is indeed what it leads to. (sorry..)

Unless the NCAA decides the players received a benefit by the coaches interfering with the criminal cases, the NCAA isn't touching this. There weren't any bylaws broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
What a mess. We still do not know who pulled the strings there. Baylor fans want to believe the HC was not responsible. The AD and Chancellor were both Briles bosses. Since all three are gone I assume all three are guilty. BUT since they let Briles go first and tried to hang on it does make one wonder just what part they played. Did they encourage Briles to look the other way? Did Briles encourage them to look the other way? We will never know because the Board is keeping that part of the report secret.

Are they keeping it secret because many more (even the Board) were included in the cover ups? I would like to know so I would know where to put the blame.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Art doesn't seem happy. Link
I think that we will learn Ken Starr played a bigger role in minimizing the victim's complaints. After all, he bamboozled some of the Dem's best attack dogs in the 1990s. Ken Starr would almost instinctively know what to do to protect himself in this situation, and losing his job is almost a "so what" to Starr at this stage of his life.
As James Carville colorfully told us back then: "Ken Stah is crazy!!"

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I would guess zero. I don't think the NCAA is going to touch this at all because of the backlash over Penn State, both when the punishments were announced and again when they were reversed. The will continue to say that this is a "criminal matter and should be handled by law enforcement."
If the NCAA finds out that some of the Baylor players received extra textbooks then lookout.........

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think that we will learn Ken Starr played a bigger role in minimizing the victim's complaints. After all, he bamboozled some of the Dem's best attack dogs in the 1990s. Ken Starr would almost instinctively know what to do to protect himself in this situation, and losing his job is almost a "so what" to Starr at this stage of his life.
As James Carville colorfully told us back then: "Ken Stah is crazy!!"
Actually, I think both Ken Starr and James Carville are NUTS!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Karma is collecting her pound of flesh from Ken Starr...sometime it takes a while... but I'm sold on the idea that eventually you get what you deserve.

And Baylor...what were they thinking even hiring this guy? Much less giving him any authority. Starr's performance in the nineties took being creepy to new level.

So Briles won't go quietly into the night? Great. Baylor has it coming, every bit of humiliation and legal trouble they will now get to endure.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
What a brave lady. I am glad she has found a way to channel her pain into something that may help to prevent the same kind of heartache for others. Good for Mike Riley for inviting her to meet with and talk to his team.
I watched a TV show yesterday which was kind of hard to stomach. It centered around a gay man almost beaten to death, and a former skinhead both of which worked in outreach. The messed up thing was the as they later found out, the skinhead was the one that almost beat the gay man to death. That's a hard thing to reconcile, how one man could literally scar someone else for life, and yet face no actual punishment. This is what the Riley situation reminds me of. Is it brave and noble to stand up and take accountability for your horrible actions? I suppose it is, but in these cases there also was no true accountability for them either. The victims are the ones that have to be bigger than they were, to rise above, they're the ones who have to bear the burden.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Is it brave and noble to stand up and take accountability for your horrible actions? I suppose it is, but in these cases there also was no true accountability for them either. The victims are the ones that have to be bigger than they were, to rise above, they're the ones who have to bear the burden.
I agree. It's commendable for Riley to attempt atonement but it's even more commendable that, in the absence of any prosecutable form of justice, the victim was willing to make peace face to face with someone she used to find revolting and despicable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.