Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

smilinc

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 9, 2006
Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers

My point..... Outside the Lines, 60 Minutes, Nightline...they are all 'investigative reports' and they are almost always slanted to make the point of doing the thing to begin with..... If this guy is guilty he should be go to jail for life or lose his life..... terrible...but the report, none the less is very slanted to make Baylor look bad.... I just hope they never to a hit piece on us....

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

My point..... Outside the Lines, 60 Minutes, Nightline...they are all 'investigative reports' and they are almost always slanted to make the point of doing the thing to begin with..... If this guy is guilty he should be go to jail for life or lose his life..... terrible...but the report, none the less is very slanted to make Baylor look bad.... I just hope they never to a hit piece on us....
You should try reading the entire article. Your post tells me you clearly didn't finish the article. "Elliott, who is serving a 20-year sentence at a prison in West Texas"

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

While there are some investigative reports that turn out to be false, the majority are true. The only "slant" in them are the unveiling of the story that shows the subject in a very bad light.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Baylol got good for a reason. They took shortcuts getting there using a lot of underhanded douchebaggery and scandalous means. I predict that the hammer will fall. Don't forget, this is Baylol we are talking about, not Florida State or Penn State. So don't think the NCAA wont make an example of them that sends them back into the stone age where they belong.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

This is going to get ugly quick.
Yes they are in trouble. That title IX for diligence is cut and dry and it sounds like they were very lackadaisical, not sure if it was purposely or just lack of institutional control on the matters. Although my definition of sexual assault is rigid, I would like to read more into how these girls ended up "away" from the party. This stuff disgust me, and maybe educating on how to minimize your chances of being assaulted are taught. I have no confidence that the perpetrators are teachable, a few new ones will show up every year, but they need to eliminate them the 1st time, not the 6th, and there lies a pile of money and misery.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I love college football as much as anyone on the planet, but, there's nothing on the planet worth being put ahead of the safety & well being of our kids..Nothing..I hope Baylor gets hammered into a FCS school..

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007

As a father of a little girl, stuff like this scares the heck out of me! The statistics of what women go through in college is SCARY! Where are the men at that are suppose to RESPECT women???

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

As a father of a little girl, stuff like this scares the heck out of me! The statistics of what women go through in college is SCARY! Where are the men at that are suppose to RESPECT women???
Yup..I have two teen daughters & it's stuff like this that keeps me up at night worrying about them..I don't know HMM..It's definitely a different world we're living in & we have to double down protecting our kids..

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

My point..... Outside the Lines, 60 Minutes, Nightline...they are all 'investigative reports' and they are almost always slanted to make the point of doing the thing to begin with.....
I really hate those articles that make the point of doing the right thing to begin with. :rolleyes: :conf2:

...but the report, none the less is very slanted to make Baylor look bad....
I don't think Baylor needs any help in making themselves look bad.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001

When I saw this I realized that someone is lying, or embellishing to say the least.

Sorry. No resources are available. Even "if a plane falls on your daughter, there's nothing we can do to help you."

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Where are the men in charge at that are suppose to RESPECT women???

Fixed it. This is the same reason MADD got traction, because the MEN in charge would only slap a wrist instead of dealing out justice. So the women had to band together to get some toughness. I remember well when MADD gained traction and I suspect women will have to band together to stop this abuse. No AD or President or Police Chief seems willing to call a felon and criminal what they are if they can play well. C'mon men, step up to the plate. Yes, I mean you Mr. AD and HC and President. Enough protecting your own interests.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Fixed it. This is the same reason MADD got traction, because the MEN in charge would only slap a wrist instead of dealing out justice. So the women had to band together to get some toughness. I remember well when MADD gained traction and I suspect women will have to band together to stop this abuse. No AD or President or Police Chief seems willing to call a felon and criminal what they are if they can play well. C'mon men, step up to the plate. Yes, I mean you Mr. AD and HC and President. Enough protecting your own interests.
For the sake of argument, forget the "women" part . . . How about respecting other human beings . . women, men, whatever. Not a fan of how we have become a sue-happy society, but hope the buffoons at Baylor get taken to the cleaner.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

From the above ESPN article:
Baylor University did not investigate a sexual assault report made against two football players for more than two years, despite the school's obligation under federal law to immediately address allegations of sexual violence involving students, Outside the Lines has learned.
This alone should come with a one year ban on football. It is very hard to determine who is telling the truth in a he said she said sexual assault case. Where the guy is saying it was consensual but the girl is saying rape. But this is not as hard. They broke the law and this isn't hard to determine. An example needs to be made and a one year ban would send a strong message.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Respect for others, and especially a man`s respect for a woman, is something that`s taught, primarily by example, beginning at an early age. A person doesn`t learn it at 18, or 22, or 40. IMHO it all goes back to responsible parenting or the lack thereof. Unfortunately, it appears we`re working on at least two generations of children in which the concepts of respect, responsibility for one`s actions, and basic civility are woefully inadequate in far too many of them. Coupled with the elementary and secondary education system of today that no longer emphasizes the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic, much less critical and analytical thinking, I truly fear for our society`s future.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Respect for others, and especially a man`s respect for a woman, is something that`s taught, primarily by example, beginning at an early age. A person doesn`t learn it at 18, or 22, or 40. IMHO it all goes back to responsible parenting or the lack thereof. Unfortunately, it appears we`re working on at least two generations of children in which the concepts of respect, responsibility for one`s actions, and basic civility are woefully inadequate in far too many of them. Coupled with the elementary and secondary education system of today that no longer emphasizes the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic, much less critical and analytical thinking, I truly fear for our society`s future.
Kids now days aren't taught respect even on the most basic level. We actually openly and explicitly teach and celebrate disrespect. There's a thread over on the NSB right now talking about younger generations and their behaviors. Look at sports now days (it's a reflection of our society). Kids can't even give the most basic respect to their opponents in victory, scoring a TD, hitting a home run etc. Celebrating with your teammates simply isn't enough. For some reason "we" have to do something toward the opponent to rub salt in the wound, to show them up, to belittle them in front of everyone. It starts with the "little things" and works its way up to the bigger things. It's been discussed on national panels, message boards and personal conversations. The kids who participate in athletics now days who are the cream of the crop are treated different from day one. They aren't held to the same rules as the others. They get special treatment, they get catered to, fawned over and treated like a little god just because he can run real fast, hit a baseball a mile or score a lot of touchdowns. This seed is planted at a young age and grows as he does. He's never been told no, he's never had to follow the same rules as everyone else and this mindset infiltrates every area of his life. So why are we so surprised (considering how he was raised) when he gets a teenager with raging hormones and he pursues a girl, she tells him "no" and he completely ignores it and takes what he wants no matter the cost? It really shouldn't be surprising. Kids now days do not have respectful "fear" of any form of authority. NONE. But hey, "kids will be kids". :rolleye2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

From the above ESPN article:

This alone should come with a one year ban on football. It is very hard to determine who is telling the truth in a he said she said sexual assault case. Where the guy is saying it was consensual but the girl is saying rape. But this is not as hard. They broke the law and this isn't hard to determine. An example needs to be made and a one year ban would send a strong message.
I agree - remember that Penn State leadership also broke the law when they failed to report the potential child abuse that occurred in the showers. They got slammed, but the NCAA later pulled back most of their sanctions. I don't see them going even further here than they did there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.