Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Big 12 is about to lose a member. This is so outrageous it is hard to believe..
I agree that they should, but disagree that they will.

Baylor sold its soul long ago.

There is literally nothing they will not condone, cover up, or obfuscate, lying if necessary to avoid either prosecution, or just bad publicity.

Murder? No problem....trash the dead guy. Rape? No problem...the girl was asking for it. Sexual harassment / assault? Hey, no penetration, no crime, right? Academic fraud? You're kidding, aren't you? Boys will be boys.

Long ago, they gave up any pretense of morality, or even knowing what a moral compass is.

The senior administration of Baylor University has been so abhorrent for so long that gang rape, horrible as it is, is just one more brick in the wall.

If they weren't shut down years ago for a long string of offenses prior to this one, I don't know how much effect any new facts would have.

Last edited:

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Yeah, Baylor football (heck, maybe their whole sports department) should not exist anymore. If the NCAA isn't going to do anything to Baylor, then what are they? They are pretty useless. Baylor sports should be given the boot.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It was enough but that hasn't stopped this sorry, sad, disgraceful story from getting sorrier, sadder, and more disgraceful yet.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Yes, but we thought it wasn't the ncaa's business that Sandusky used the Penn State program to aid a child pedophilia ring and PSU officials covered it up for years so why do we think the ncaa should step in and shut down Baylor over this?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I thought the NCAA was right to slam PSU but was not on good legal footing to make it stand in courts. What is right and what you can defend in courts are two different things sometimes.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
100% agree rgw. NCAA should take a wrecking ball to that newish stadium of theirs that was built with the devil's money. It makes me sick that this is a Christian school. If there are any real Christians left in the Baptist association then they should end there affiliation with the school.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
100% agree rgw. NCAA should take a wrecking ball to that newish stadium of theirs that was built with the devil's money. It makes me sick that this is a Christian school. If there are any real Christians left in the Baptist association then they should end there affiliation with the school.
Baylor is no more a "Christian" school than Jim Jones or David Koresh were "Christian ministers."

The list of offenses is so long, and the severity so great, that we are becoming numb to newly emerging information.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
As a Baptist school, integrity to some sort of Christian principles should come first. They have apparently quit doing any background checks on coaches or recruits. It will be tough to be competitive but it can be done.

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
Accusations are not revaluations. You guys have no clue what your talking about. You hate Christians. Baylor is an amazing wonderful Christian school with amazing history and legacy. Every time i read such idiotic and ignorant statements i really want to flame your blank blankity blank. But I have to keep it clean. I will just say think of the worst most horrible insult you have ever had and apply it here. How may people do you know that are gang raped and don't go to the cops.. I think I will try the head football coach! Plus we live in a litigious society and everyone wants a pay day. Lastly there has been an attack on Christians everywhere in this nation and this is just one more nail in the coffin of common sense and reason. Crimes are for cops to investigate.

http://watchdog.org/289489/another-false-accusation-rape-college-campus/

False accusations of rape are becoming all too common on college campuses, thanks in large part to media and activists insisting no one lies about such a heinous crime.

To ensure that everyone must “listen and believe” all accusers, these same activists — and their supporters in media and government — have forced college campuses to set up their own tribunals to punish the accused without providing due process.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Accusations are not revaluations. You guys have no clue what your talking about. You hate Christians. Baylor is an amazing wonderful Christian school with amazing history and legacy. Every time i read such idiotic and ignorant statements i really want to flame your blank blankity blank. But I have to keep it clean. I will just say think of the worst most horrible insult you have ever had and apply it here. How may people do you know that are gang raped and don't go to the cops.. I think I will try the head football coach! Plus we live in a litigious society and everyone wants a pay day. Lastly there has been an attack on Christians everywhere in this nation and this is just one more nail in the coffin of common sense and reason. Crimes are for cops to investigate.

False accusations of rape are becoming all too common on college campuses, thanks in large part to media and activists insisting no one lies about such a heinous crime.

To ensure that everyone must “listen and believe” all accusers, these same activists — and their supporters in media and government — have forced college campuses to set up their own tribunals to punish the accused without providing due process.
You are way too salty. Half the people on this board are Christian. Also not so sure you are the best representation of Christianity when twice in the same thread you've told people to "think of the worst most horrible insult you have ever had and apply it" and "i really want to flame your blank blankity blank." Don't create the perception that everyone who defends Baylor is a d-bag. Try just listing sources and calmly defending them.

You have no idea what your talking about and you are "something else" for bringing this tread all the way back to the top just to post such a ridiculously stupid comments. I used "something else" as a place holder for the most vile insult you could put in its place. Use your imagination.
So Christ-like that it hurts.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I mean...what?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

So if we don't agree on how to characterize Baylor University, you're going to insult and berate me into agreeing with your definition?

Wow. Just wow, on so many different fronts.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
As a Baptist school, integrity to some sort of Christian principles should come first. They have apparently quit doing any background checks on coaches or recruits. It will be tough to be competitive but it can be done.
Baylor isn't and hasn't been a Baptist school in the traditional sense in decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.