Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers

It has been reported that Baylor has fired President Ken Starr.

(Think about that for a minute......)

Yes................our good buddy, Chip ("Nick Saban is coming to Austin") Brown, is the one pushing this story.

Baylor says no announcement until June 3.

So, there...............

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The president appears safe for now after he addressed the board of regents. Some rumblings Art Briles may be fired today.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The president appears safe for now after he addressed the board of regents. Some rumblings Art Briles may be fired today.
Just read that also. Allegedly @ 11 am press conference. Crazy stuff.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I have a hard time believing they'll fire Briles, and while I'm typically hesitant in wanting to see people lose their job, if Briles had any part of obstructing justice for the women that were raped, I hope he's fired and no one ever hires him again.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I have a hard time believing they'll fire Briles, and while I'm typically hesitant in wanting to see people lose their job, if Briles had any part of obstructing justice for the women that were raped, I hope he's fired and no one ever hires him again.
It's being reported that Baylor is releasing an announcement at 11 am today that they are firing Art Briles..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Wonder who they'll get to replace him. Who's on their short list during the summertime?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I haven't followed the facts of this case as well as some other situations. But, I'll say this... if Briles got fired it sure seems like he deserved it. There was some bad stuff going on over there and I'm happy to see someone pay a price for once.

Also, this is going to sound screwed up, but depending on how thorough Baylor is in dealing with this I might not even hold anything against them going forward. You fire a really popular and successful coach, and clean house, regardless of the cost to a football program? If only FSU, Tennessee, and Penn State would have been willing to take some of those actions. Yes, this is too late in some ways for Baylor but prices need to be paid and not just decades after the fact.

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

If this is true, I only have 2 words to say about this.

Good riddance.

I've spoken my peace. Peace out, y'all.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Being reported Ken Starr requested the BoR release the entire report detailing the issues at hand. Going to guess there are more than a few cringe-worthy details in it.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Probably lose their OC also. Isn't their OC Art Briles son?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Art Briles reportedly fired)

Hope they don't call CLK..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.