Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Art Briles reportedly fired)

50 wins the past 5 years. Making over $6M per year total compensation. Art Briles throwing all that away by not doing the right thing. SMH..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Art Briles reportedly fired)

50 wins the past 5 years. Making over $6M per year total compensation. Art Briles throwing all that away by not doing the right thing. SMH..
Well, that might be how he got to this point. When someone's values are that screwed up, there's no telling how many aspects of their life are disgusting.

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

How long before he is mentioned as the successor to Gus ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Junior LB Taylor Young apparently doesn't understand the issue at hand.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Art Briles fired)

College athletes tweeting usually ends poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Junior LB Taylor Young apparently doesn't understand the issue at hand.

Everyone - players, coaches, fans , media etc should think long and hard before tweeting or posting their "hot takes" about this issue today. There will be a lot of screenshots taken and many folks will be made out to be fools such as this young man..

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA

I'll be honest, I really thought Briles would escape unscathed. Good on Baylor.

I'll be interested to see what this does the Briles' future employment opportunities.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I'll be interested to see what this does the Briles' future employment opportunities.
Maybe he could coach the "Mean Machine" if they ever have a Longest Yard II.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Agreed. It's sad that it came this far, but props to Baylor doing what a lot of schools would dig in an fight hard to avoid - losing a successful HC.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Hard not to respect Baylor for taking this action. Look for Briles to sit out a year or two and end up somewhere on the left coast.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Hard not to respect Baylor for taking this action
I want to dislike Baylor, what happened was terrible, but it looks like they are willing to do everything required to clean this mess up. That's really all I want from these programs, and so far they're basically the only one that seems to have actually responded in a legitimate manner. Who got fired at Tennessee and FSU? As far as Penn State, it went on for so long with knowledge of the top guys that it was clear they'd never have done anything at all if they could.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Wow. The report is so damning..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.