Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Briles Fired, AD and Starr Resigns)

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Re: Baylor needs to hire some good lawyers (Update: Art Briles fired)

They are also taking in millions in government grants and student aid.
Yep, and if you want the Fed's money, you have to play by the Fed's rules. And this was a significant Title IX violation. As I said previously, had they stonewalled this they could have lost all federal funding. This would include all federal research grants (with their fat indirect costs), as well as all federal scholarships and federally guaranteed student loans. No research money, no student tuition (apart from the oil patch rich kids that could pay rack rate at a private university to the tune of >$50K a year). No salary for the administrators, faculty, support staff or football coaches. This would have been the death penalty.

But the irony of Ken Starr getting fired as the result of a sex scandal and the resulting attempted coverup is delicious. Karma really is a (wrathful female).

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Yep, and if you want the Fed's money, you have to play by the Fed's rules. And this was a significant Title IX violation. As I said previously, had they stonewalled this they could have lost all federal funding. This would include all federal research grants (with their fat indirect costs), as well as all federal scholarships and federally guaranteed student loans. No research money, no student tuition (apart from the oil patch rich kids that could pay rack rate at a private university to the tune of >$50K a year). No salary for the administrators, faculty, support staff or football coaches. This would have been the death penalty.

But the irony of Ken Starr getting fired as the result of a sex scandal and the resulting attempted coverup is delicious. Karma really is a (wrathful female).

Hasn't this been going on for 6 years? If so, they should lose the $ going forward.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Art's daughter made the mistake of posting her thoughts on Facebook. Probably the best for everyone if family kept quiet for a few days until things settled.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

One reason the Baylor players might have had the reaction so many did could be they found out from a text message from Briles since the players are out of school.

This is reportedly the text he sent the player informing them of his firing.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

She's fortunate she didn't encounter one of his players in a dark alley.
Art's daughter made the mistake of posting her thoughts on Facebook. Probably the best for everyone if family kept quiet for a few days until things settled.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO

Well, Staley, that promised loss of tshirt revenue may force the Baylor leadership to reconsider their...Oh...nevermind...that reconsideration didn't take long.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

So when do the Saban to Baylor rumors start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

So when do the Saban to Baylor rumors start?

It's more likely to be, "Can you imagine what Lane Kiffin could do with that offense?"

Of course, I hear Mike Shula might be willing to take an FBS job in May........

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It's more likely to be, "Can you imagine what Lane Kiffin could do with that offense?"
Could happen, but Lane currently has more talent at Bama than Briles ever did at Baylor. He might turn out to be a despicable human, but Briles could well be the best offensive mind in all of football.

"Briles took a program that had done next to nothing in the Big 12, went 4-8 in each of his first two seasons, and then cranked up the offense to a historic level. Robert Griffin III became the star of the show with his Heisman-winning 2011 campaign, but the offensive numbers kept on rolling from there with Baylor finishing No. 1 in the nation in yards and scoring in 2013, 2014 and 2015 after finishing second in 2012 in yards and fourth in scoring.

How unbelievable was the turnaround? Baylor was 101st in the nation in scoring in 2009 and 85th in yards. Under Briles, the Bears were made 600-yard performance and 50 point games commonplace.

The program failed to win a Big 12 game in 2007 and won just three conference games over a three-year span, and in 2014, it came within an eyelash of going to the College Football Playoff."
- Pete Fiutak

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

My prediction is Tom Herman.
I agree 100% with ya & the kinda excitement Coach Herman would bring with his hire, would be the best case scenario for Baylor, but, it seems like I read where Houston locked him up with a nice sized contract & promised him upgrades in their athletic facilities..

Texas folks brags they have the money to buy any HC on the planet no matter their contract they're bound to & contracts are made to be broken they say..Baylor money folks I assume would have those Texas sized deep pockets when the hire Briles replacement & if they go all out paying big $$$$$ hiring their next HC..They might as well go for "The Flavor Of The Month" HC in Coach Herman & bring in his high powered offense with him..

Here's a article I found with details of theCoach Herman's new contract with Houston....CLICK ME

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

It would not surprise my to see heavy external action as this unfolds with all the little "me too" media hounds jumping on the pile long after the whistle stops. I have to assume this will be the chance for the NCAA and anyone else with Jameis Winston related "egg on their faces" to drop the hammer, then the bomb ...It is the perfect opportunity for public redemption, however . I predict Baylol will be wishing they were SMU in a few years.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I would have much rather continued hating Briles for his gimmick offense than for this. Blah

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Seems like an almost lateral move for Herman. I suspect if he waits a year or two one of the BIG jobs will open up and he's probably at the top of everyone's list right now.
I'd take Herman in a heartbeat if Saban were to retire....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.