Strong Finish coming for 2016 class

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I think ESPN loves to be different when it comes to recruiting. They always seem to be the black sheep and they like it that way.
Agree... We are #5 on the 24/7 rankings and if you use their class calculator, adding Davis and Wilson jumps us to #1. I know others will add players but, so will we.... I think we are easily top 3 as long as we get Davis/Wilson and very likely #1 if we get another 5*....

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Agree... We are #5 on the 24/7 rankings and if you use their class calculator, adding Davis and Wilson jumps us to #1. I know others will add players but, so will we.... I think we are easily top 3 as long as we get Davis/Wilson and very likely #1 if we get another 5*....
By adding players that are considering Alabama (Wilson, Davis, Brown, Lashley, Hall, Juarez and possibly Devin Asiasi), 247 gives Alabama's class a 310.11 score. LSU's current score is 287.35. I'm not sure why ESPN has this idea Alabama can't jump further up than fifth.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
On Finebaum yesterday one of the ESPN recruiting gurus said we are currently 10th on their team recruiting rankings and he thinks we will finish at #5 on the same list.
Y'all can shoot me for this, but I think Saban can win with recruiting classes that average 10-20 every year. If you go back and look at 2009, there were a ton of players on that team that were 3-4 star recruits. To be honest, I think at times extremely talented teams can miss out by overlooking the work ethic 3-4 star recruits bring to a program. So often, higher ranked players seem to carry an attitude of entitlement and complacency... and it takes guys who work hard to push them to become great.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
To be honest, I think at times extremely talented teams can miss out by overlooking the work ethic 3-4 star recruits bring to a program. So often, higher ranked players seem to carry an attitude of entitlement and complacency... and it takes guys who work hard to push them to become great.
There's definitely validity to this theory.

I'll take the 5 star all the same though! :tongue:

I also have faith in Saban's ability to motivate. I think he wakes up in the middle of the night with cold sweats and nightmares of the 2010 season.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
By adding players that are considering Alabama (Wilson, Davis, Brown, Lashley, Hall, Juarez and possibly Devin Asiasi), 247 gives Alabama's class a 310.11 score. LSU's current score is 287.35. I'm not sure why ESPN has this idea Alabama can't jump further up than fifth.
If we close like this, I may not sober up for three days....:wink:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Recruiting is getting weirder by the year it seems. I really feel like the heightened media coverage has really pushed back the schedule that our staff (and many others) prefer. A few years ago, Alabama would be mostly done besides a few big targets who waited until NSD to declare and sign. It seems like the meat n' taters of this class is almost wholly waiting on NSD to be complete. This is really going to burn some schools tomorrow since the recruits are making people wait it out with little hope of recourse if it doesn't go the school's way.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Recruiting is getting weirder by the year it seems. I really feel like the heightened media coverage has really pushed back the schedule that our staff (and many others) prefer. A few years ago, Alabama would be mostly done besides a few big targets who waited until NSD to declare and sign. It seems like the meat n' taters of this class is almost wholly waiting on NSD to be complete. This is really going to burn some schools tomorrow since the recruits are making people wait it out with little hope of recourse if it doesn't go the school's way.
I just think this is an "odd" year for us. I think this is just a year where we are in the mix with a lot of targets holding off on their commitments for whatever reason. Glancing at the ESPN Top 300, there looks to be only 50-60 of those that are 'uncommitted", and we're in the mix for 8-10 of them.

Looking at what we have for committed for 2017 already, I expect we will probably be back in our old pattern of most of the class being filled by signing day.

RammerJammer91

1st Team
Nov 27, 2012
Reuben's uncle is a poster on 247, and he posted this a few hours ago:

"Got word that we should be in a for a great day TIFWIW. Heard this class could be one of the greatest finish. Know it has been mentioned but I'm confirming it now!!!! Sit back and enjoy I guess RTR"

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I just think this is an "odd" year for us. I think this is just a year where we are in the mix with a lot of targets holding off on their commitments for whatever reason. Glancing at the ESPN Top 300, there looks to be only 50-60 of those that are 'uncommitted", and we're in the mix for 8-10 of them.

Looking at what we have for committed for 2017 already, I expect we will probably be back in our old pattern of most of the class being filled by signing day.
another way to look at it is that it could be the new beginning for Alabama staff... If we did a clean sweep, we may have better advantage in Miss going forward...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
At first, I thought it was just Alabama's class because the word a few months ago was Saban told the staff to reevaluate everyone. Appears to be national, though. SiriusXM College's Barden Gall tweeted:

11 5-Stars and 34 4-Stars will announce tmrw. Can’t remember this much uncertainty at top of rankings entering NSD.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
So we are sitting at 17 commits (or signed) at present. Speculation is that we could take as many as 27. If Lashley rolls our way, as many expect, we are at 18. So who are the other 7-9 we get?

Wilson
Davis
Hall
Juarez
Asiasi
AJ Brown
King
Carter
Mayden

Plus we I believe we are in play for others. This could be epic.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
So we are sitting at 17 commits (or signed) at present. Speculation is that we could take as many as 27. If Lashley rolls our way, as many expect, we are at 18. So who are the other 7-9 we get?

Wilson
Davis
Hall
Juarez
Asiasi
AJ Brown
King
Carter
Mayden

Plus we I believe we are in play for others. This could be epic.
Other possibilities include Mecole Hardman, Mykel Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, Dontavious Jackson, Irv Smith. I wish we had another 5-8 spots available. The close to this class IS going to be epic.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Other possibilities include Mecole Hardman, Mykel Jones, Jeffrey Simmons, Dontavious Jackson, Irv Smith. I wish we had another 5-8 spots available. The close to this class IS going to be epic.
I think Jackson may be out of the mix. Forgot about Irv Smith. Plus some think we may take another running back beside Emmons in this class if we can find the right guy. Looks like Pennamon may stay home with TAMU although he is committed to Ole Miss. Jacobs, the kid out of Tulsa, maybe....

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't follow the "what if's" very closely but suffice it to say there are several line items that will make me smile tomorrow.

* - any result where we finish #1 ripping victory from their hands YET AGAIN and watching them all whine about it
* - signing at least one more top RB, CB, WR & T
* - sign at least two top flight Defensive linemen
* - sign epic and precedented class of linebackers that happens to include someone by the name of "Davis"
* - do anything that will humiliate Ole Mi$$
* - Beat Auburn
* - See return of fax girl

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.