LB Mique Juarez Signs with UCLA

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Re: ***Mique Juarez announcement thread (Wed, 2:30PM CT)

This would make the rest of college football puke. Let's hope!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Re: ***Mique Juarez announcement thread (Wed, 2:30PM CT)

Do I dare to believe?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: Mique Juarez Signs with UCLA

still had a great deal of hope that he was coming....a little bit of a let down, but Davis, Wilson, and Hall are a great LB class.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Me too but this kid was going to be a tough pull away from the west coast. Word was he was torn about his decision up to the last minute. His dad supported wherever he wanted to go, but mom wanted him closer to home.

In the end, mom wins. Best of luck to him, but he would have looked great in crimson.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

He stayed close to home with a good program. I really wish we got him but I totally understand him staying in California. Good luck Mique.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

Mique lives just a few miles from me.
I thought about reaching out to him a few weeks back, and taking him out to lunch.

The only reason I didn't is because I was thinking it could be deemed a ncaa rules violation.

RTR!!!!!

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Mique lived just a few miles from me.
I thought about reaching out to him a few weeks back, and taking him out to lunch.

The only reason I didn't is because I was thinking it could be deemed a ncaa rules violation.

RTR!!!!!
Good no-move. The NCAA's definition of "booster" is so broad that you almost certainly would have created a technical violation. Whether it would have been caught (or reported....say, I don't know...maybe by a rival fan) is a separate issue.

The marginal benefit you could have created is overwhelmed by the potential risk.

Unless there's a relationship that pre-dates the prospect's 9th (or 8th?) grade year, you just can't do that sort of thing.

I know, I know, there's a thousand "Yeah, but..." circumstances. Just don't do it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.