DE Jeffery Simmons Signs With Mississippi State

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Re: Jeffery Simmons commits to MSU

Unfortunately, that would have been a lot better.
True, but there are only 2 teams in the SEC West that I'm not upset about a recruit picking. Arkansas and State don't worry me, so it's okay if they land a big fish every now and then. The others are either too dangerous, too dirty, or both.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

The MSU natives were pretty down on their class. This may offset the Brown to OM signing. Most of them act like Dan Mullen is a terrible recruiter.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Yep, and good for State and Mullen.
The MSU natives were pretty down on their class. This may offset the Brown to OM signing. Most of them act like Dan Mullen is a terrible recruiter.
Those kind of MSU fans need to understand how lucky they are to still have him there. Now that Dak is gone, I see him moving up after this year..IMO.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Mullen has done it the right way which at a place like Mississippi State means you're gonna have trouble securing guys at times especially when your in-state rival is playing free agency game instead.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw this being talked about yesterday. Pretty disgusting what happened. Wonder what, if any, punishment he'll get from authorities and/or Mississippi State..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That deserves some jail time.
At least an arrest to make him think twice next time - same for the large woman with him. I don't care what that other woman said, she was a child standing next to either of them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
At least an arrest to make him think twice next time - same for the large woman with him. I don't care what that other woman said, she was a child standing next to either of them.
Guy`s a bully. Same for the small whale that was helping him. Be interesting to see what Mullen does ( or not ).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Macon PD to charge MSU signee Simmons

The Macon Police Department is filing disturbing the peace charges against Jeffery Simmons, a Mississippi State University signee accused of repeatedly hitting a woman Thursday evening.

A video surfaced Saturday that allegedly shows Simmons standing over a woman swinging at her head repeatedly while she is on the ground. Another woman also strikes the victim during the altercation.

Lucious Mason, the chief of police in Macon, told The Dispatch this afternoon that Simmons and four others are in the process of being charged following a fight Thursday about 6:30 p.m. at Mayfair Apartments.

In addition to Simmons, the following people are also being charged with disturbing the peace: Brenda Bradley, Keith McCloug, Ashley Bradley and Sophia Taylor.

Taylor is the woman Simmons is accused of hitting. Mason said she is in the process of filing a simple assault affidavit against Simmons.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
JEFFERY SIMMONS ALLOWED TO ENROLL AT MSU, WITH CONDITIONS

Jeffery Simmons, a recent graduate of Noxubee County High School in Macon, Miss., who in February signed a national letter of intent to play football at Mississippi State, has been allowed to enroll at the university for summer school and participate in football activities, with conditions.

Simmons is awaiting final resolution on misdemeanor charges where, in an effort to break up a domestic fight between his sister and another adult woman, he used physical force against one of those involved in the altercation.

After careful assessment, the MSU athletics department has determined Simmons may be a part of the football team, but he will be evaluated by the licensed professionals at the university’s Student Counseling Services and be required to complete any program prescribed by that office. Additionally, he will be suspended for the first game of his college career.

“Based on conversations our staff has had with school, community and church leaders in Noxubee County, this incident appears to be uncharacteristic of Jeffery,” MSU Director of Athletics Scott Stricklin said. “It’s a highly unique circumstance to administer discipline to a student for an incident that occurred prior to that individual joining our university. However, it’s important that Jeffery and other potential MSU students understand that these type of actions and poor decisions are not acceptable.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Simmons is suspended for the first game of the year against South Alabama and will have to attend counseling. I want to throw shade at MSU because that video is disgusting but I think just about every school across the country would have done something similar to MSU, i.e. get the 5* player on the roster..

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Simmons is suspended for the first game of the year against South Alabama and will have to attend counseling. I want to throw shade at MSU because that video is disgusting but I think just about every school across the country would have done something similar to MSU, i.e. get the 5* player on the roster..
Your theory is well-supported. The length of the leash directly correlates with the expected contribution to team success.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.