*** JUCO DE Jamar King Signs With Alabama ***

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: ***Jamar King announcement thread (time TBA, Wed)

his coach has told a reporter that it is Alabama.....will wait to make it official

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: ***Jamar King announcement thread (time TBA, Wed)

Rivals and 247 reporting he's signing with Bama.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: ***JUCO DE Jamar King commits to Bama*** (per his coach)

Roll Tide Jamar King and welcome to the Capstone!

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Board LOI thread says the ink is on paper. Does this fellow project as a DT or DE for us. Does it mean he is on the Jack side or other?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Looking at his HUDL film, this guy looks like a beast. Seems to arrive in the backfield with a "bad attitude". :biggrin:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Board LOI thread says the ink is on paper. Does this fellow project as a DT or DE for us. Does it mean he is on the Jack side or other?
He is a Defensive End - Plug and Play - ready to compete in August.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

He is a Defensive End - Plug and Play - ready to compete in August.
Thanks, CoolBreeze. What I'm digging for is if someone knows enough about this fellow to know whether he more the hybird DE/DT that A Robinson evolved to or more the classic DE type of a J Allen or whether he might project as more of a DT in the mold of J Reed to use examples from the past season.

I'm hoping we can play rotations something like we did this season. Maybe not as easily as the once-in-generations defensive line we had in 2015/6, but enough to cause fits for offenses.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks, CoolBreeze. What I'm digging for is if someone knows enough about this fellow to know whether he more the hybird DE/DT that A Robinson evolved to or more the classic DE type of a J Allen or whether he might project as more of a DT in the mold of J Reed to use examples from the past season.

I'm hoping we can play rotations something like we did this season. Maybe not as easily as the once-in-generations defensive line we had in 2015/6, but enough to cause fits for offenses.
He is not a 300+ lb guy like Ashawn and Jarran right now. I think you will see him move inside some due to some lack of depth there and in special pass rush packages. Jarran and Ashawn will be missed.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

Watching the highlight reels, this guy may be the best signee of this class. He's crazy good, and we don't sign JC guys unless Coach S. feels they can contribute immediately. Time will tell of course, but he really looks awesome. Wow. sip

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Re: ***JUCO DE Jamar King commits to Bama***

Hope he is a beast but what I've noticed is that most jc competition sucks...so that makes someone like him look that much better.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.