Game Thread: Official Game Thread - Bama vs. MSU...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
We didn't have Hale or Ingram and we still won. We are a scrappy team. We didn't play well,but we won and we'll learn from this game.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Good win on the road. CAJ is doing a really good job with the talent at hand. Makes me wonder how much better these guys could be with more development. I'm really proud of this team and the season they have put together. RTR

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Glad to get an SEC road win. Turned the ball over 20 times. Thankfully MSU is not a good team so it didn't cost us the game.

ETA: Also you know the roster is short when Schaefer is getting "regular" minutes.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
We have a chance to make up some ground in the next few weeks.
We have a better chance than some of us might think. But we need to get healthy!
Home games left are
Missouri
Arkansas
Auburn
Miss St
Texas A&M
So need to win 4 of those 5 which I think is entirely possible, maybe 3 at worst.

Away games
LSU
Kentucky
Georgia
Florida

Maybe somehow get two of these? That'd be the goal I think. 18 wins with our RPI should be more than enough, not counting the conference tourney.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
We have a better chance than some of us might think. But we need to get healthy!
Home games left are
Missouri
Arkansas
Auburn
Miss St
Texas A&M
So need to win 4 of those 5 which I think is entirely possible, maybe 3 at worst.

Away games
LSU
Kentucky
Georgia
Florida

Maybe somehow get two of these? That'd be the goal I think. 18 wins with our RPI should be more than enough, not counting the conference tourney.

Boy, those road games are going to be tough. Easily, the Georgia game will be our best opportunity to get a "W", but that game won't be easy at all.

Need to win all of our remaining home games to have a shot. Even so, we'd need to win a game or two in the SEC Tournament to have a legit shot.

Great win last night, especially with all the injuries. The team kept battling and that bodes well for the future.

lorange

1st Team
Jan 21, 2005
I hope Kessons is able to go because it looks like Hale is nursing a stress fracture in his foot. If so, his playing time will be minimal for the remainder of the year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Home games left are
Missouri
Arkansas
Auburn
Miss St
Texas A&M

Away games
LSU
Kentucky
Georgia
Florida

18 wins won't get a team in the tournament anymore. Need to be over 20.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I believe we need a lot more FT coaching and practice...
17-27 on FT's last night...argh! Felt better at at the end when Coleman was getting to the line; he's over 92% this season.

I watched the game last night but couldn't get online. MSU coach is pretty good. Johnson did a great job; wish he could have done something to keep MSU from the 14-0 run.

I'm just going to have to ignore the turnovers. There are way too many and most are just unforced, goofy turnovers that make my blood boil.

Bama made a sweet play fairly late against the zone by going to Kessens at at the high post then feeding Taylor. I was looking for this again with the MSU big guy in foul trouble but didn't see it.

I'm such a hypocrite. I hate the 5-foul rule and hate when other teams work on it when Bama players are getting into foul trouble but then I want to work on the other team when they have someone getting a lot of fouls.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
One factor looms more important than I could have thought and that's Taylor's FT shooting. Late, it's turning into a "hack JT" strategy and I can't blame them. I thought his was Shaq's problem, but, in his rehearsal FT, he properly rotates his shooting hand under the ball. When he shoots, he moves his hand to the outside of the ball and shoots with side spin and no arc. RO's FT arc also betrays his lack of actual PT at Basketball in this country. Maybe they don't emphasize FTs in Europe. IDK...

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I've noticed both as well. I see Taylor's warm-up wrist flip and I think "now he's got it" and then I watch his actual free throw shot...

Obasohan's 3-point shots are a little flat as well but his free throws are really noticeable. Half the one's he makes hit the front of the rim and push forward somehow into the hole.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
18 wins won't get a team in the tournament anymore. Need to be over 20.
Well we have 4 top 25 wins for once this year, and could get 1 or 2 more down the stretch. Would that not be enough to account for it? I mean we still should at least get 1 W in the conference to put it at 19. But that number would be pretty hard to get too I think

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well we have 4 top 25 wins for once this year, and could get 1 or 2 more down the stretch. Would that not be enough to account for it? I mean we still should at least get 1 W in the conference to put it at 19. But that number would be pretty hard to get too I think
Went back through the last four tournaments. Only three teams with less than 20 wins have been at-large teams. Okie State had 18 wins last year. Nebraska (2014) and West Virginia (2012) had 19 wins.

Alabama will need to win more than just 18 going into the SEC tournament.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.