Surprises on Signing Day - Good and Bad

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Kirby is going to do well in recruiting. He is good at it and he has the Bama/Saban formula. We are going to lose out some to him in the coming years.
We can't get 'em all...but we can get ours - the ones who want to be here. Those are the ones I want anyway.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Kirby certainly has not been leaving our recruits/commitments alone. Knew that would happen. He has this job due to Bama and Saban- but he is definitely a dawg and the enemy now.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Kirby certainly has not been leaving our recruits/commitments alone. Knew that would happen. He has this job due to Bama and Saban- but he is definitely a dawg and the enemy now.
Well, yeah. He has to do his current job to the bet of his abilities. We owe Kirby many thanks for being an integral part of 4 national titles. But we shouldn't begrudge him for working hard at his next job.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
News is happening so fast. What's your biggest surprise today?

I'm impressed with Kirby today!
The good surprise for me is the strong DB class so far. The bad...not so much except the wait for the class to reveal itself over the course of the day instead of having a number one class wrapped and signed by noon.

CDsdad

Scout Team
Nov 20, 2007
Wayne County, MS
Kirby is doing no less than we would have expected him to do at Bama. We know he can recruit, and we know he can coach them up on defense. The questions to be answered are, can he run a program himself and will he win? If he doesn't win, he could become a top 10-15 program in recruiting. Like the barn.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Kirby is doing no less than we would have expected him to do at Bama. We know he can recruit, and we know he can coach them up on defense. The questions to be answered are, can he run a program himself and will he win? If he doesn't win, he could become a top 10-15 program in recruiting. Like the barn.
I think he will keep UGA competitive. The challenge is the East will be on the upswing the next few years with the reemergence of Tenn and Florida. With them letting go CMR for just being "competitive" I'm not sure if that will be just enough. he's going to have to win a NC within the next 5 years.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Noticing in some quarters that LSU is already being crowned the recruiting champion for this year. Would certainly not be a surprise if they end up in that spot, but I think announcing it now may be a bit premature. What do yall think?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
For those interested we have moved up to #2 on 247 with Ohio State in front of us and we are in position to blow by them (LSWho has fallen to #5). We are also up to #5 on ESPN and not sure we can get to #1 but top 2 is very possible.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I guess I bought into the hype and expected a lot of surprise announcements today of four and five star athletes. Seems the staff is waiting on six or seven LOI's. Are there any players committed who haven't send the LOI in yet?

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
247 showing Ahmmon Richards, 4 star WR, committed to Tide. Is this confirmed?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.