Saban NSD Press Conference at 4pm CT

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: "It's great to see everybody today. I kind of missed y'all."
Saban: "This class is really the combination of a lot of hard work by a lot of people, especially our coaches."
Saban: We got a lot of support from our administration, who were there every recruiting weekend.
Saban: This class reflects some of the needs we have.
Saban: Pleased with the needs we met with this class. OL, RBs, TEs. Pleased with the QB prospect. Would have liked to add another WR.
Saban: We would have liked to add another wide receiver to this class but it didn't happen.
Saban: "You don't get everything you want all the time."
Saban on recruiting rankings: I think it's more important to get players to do things needed to do to develop in your program.
Saban: Until these guys develop, you really don't know what type of class you have.
Saban on getting Mississippi recruits: We recruit in a five-hour radius. Mississippi comes into that area. It's been difficult to get guys.
Saban: Nigel Knott is a guy who could player corner or receiver. (He) wants to play corner.
Saban notes that CBs Jared Mayden and Shyheim Carter could play corner or safety. Nigel Knott could play CB or WR but wants to play CB.
Saban on Joshua Jacobs: After championship game was the first time I saw the guy. He played a lot of Wildcat quarterback.
Saban: We thought there was something wrong with Jacobs. But Burton Burn called me and said, "This is a pretty good looking guy."
Saban: Jonah Williams could play center, guard or tackle.
Saban: "When we recruit a junior college guy, we usually need them to play." Signed two (Baldwin, King) in this class
Saban said JUCO OT Charles Baldwin is a guy who they hope can contribute early.
Saban: We'll be on the lookout for a graduate transfer running back or any place we can find them.
Saban on grayshirting: "I view that as a real positive. We want the player. We feel like the player is gonna get redshirted."
Saban on winning the state: "We don't worry about perception, we worry about getting players who can play good."
Saban on LBs Ben Davis/Mack Wilson: Goal is to teach those guys as much as we can because freshmen have contributed at LB in the past
Saban: WR T.J. Simmons will probably be an outside guy for us. He's been really productive in a successful program in the state.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Saban: "It's great to see everybody today. I kind of missed y'all."
Saban: "This class is really the combination of a lot of hard work by a lot of people, especially our coaches."
Saban: We got a lot of support from our administration, who were there every recruiting weekend.
Saban: This class reflects some of the needs we have.
Saban: Pleased with the needs we met with this class. OL, RBs, TEs. Pleased with the QB prospect. Would have liked to add another WR.
Saban: We would have liked to add another wide receiver to this class but it didn't happen.
Saban: "You don't get everything you want all the time."
Saban on recruiting rankings: I think it's more important to get players to do things needed to do to develop in your program.

Code: Uhhhhhh....Robertson, we've got room for you. Come on down!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.