Any high ranked player who didn't sign today?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Robertson contacted Alabama after seeing what Georgia did yesterday. He could be coming to Alabama for OV... if He gets that OV, I consider that a very good sign.

Barry Sander Jr.. Rumors was that he was transferring to school that his dad played for.... I don't see him coming to Alabama.
Derrick Green from Michigan is transferring... he would be a good get.
SCI Martin hasn't signed with a team... so I think we'll try and get him and Robertson on first... After that I think we have 1-2 spots... for Graduate transfer... My gut feeling is a RB. We really don't have experience at RB...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Barry Sanders Jr was looking to transfer to Oklahoma State. I suppose he can't do it until the Summer, so it would be something we could sell. Stanford coaches up their tailbacks well...so I trust that he could come in and contribute.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Would be great to grab another de/lob in this class. Sci Martin could be a perfect fit.

Assuming he doesn't get the score he needs (not that I'm rooting against him) I'm really hoping we can pull Robertson back into the fold.

I'd love to land bs2. I don't know that it's likely, and getting Jacobs yesterday probably decreased our need at the position somewhat, unless emmine doesn't qualify (which I think is unlikely). But I can imagine kiffin salivating over a guy like sanders, even just for a year.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
A couple of quick thoughts.

On Barry Sanders (he's not actually Jr.). He's told some people that he's most likely going to OK St. I wouldn't be surprised if we gauged his interest, but I doubt anything comes of it.

On Robertson. The ranking of UGA in his top three flew by the wayside yesterday when they signed 4 WR. If he were to release a top 3 it would be Stanford, ND/Alabama. I think ND and UA are 2a and 2b right now. If his SAT score doesn't get where it needs to be, we have a real shot.

Grad tranafers. If we miss on Robertson we would be more likely to bring in another WR transfer, but as of now we're looking RB it seems. If you look at the depth chart, we could use an experienced back, because right now that's the biggest weakness in our backfield (experience that is).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Honestly, I know it is bad for us...but the young man's mind is in the right place, I hope he gets the score he wants to see.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
\
Nope. Georgia is out of picture... Look at Georgia and see how many WRs they signed. Robertson was not happy bout that and contacted Alabama.
This makes no sense to me....and I am not arguing with you JNM81, only stating this kind of teenage logic is hard for me to understand. The player announces that he is not signing early because he wants to wait on his SAT scores (which could only mean Stanford and ND were in play because both have higher entrance requirements than UGA or UA), and then he is upset because UGA gets the best WR class it can get? Geez. On the bright side, maybe we will be saying, "Thank goodness we whiffed on our receiver targets" in a week or two. (that doesn't make sense either).

RTR

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Hope we find a DL . . . maybe a WR, or RB who is a hidden gem or grad transfer. If any group can do it, it is our staff.

We probably have schol room for three more.

Last edited:

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
This makes no sense to me....and I am not arguing with you JNM81, only stating this kind of teenage logic is hard for me to understand. The player announces that he is not signing early because he wants to wait on his SAT scores (which could only mean Stanford and ND were in play because both have higher entrance requirements than UGA or UA), and then he is upset because UGA gets the best WR class it can get? Geez. On the bright side, maybe we will be saying, "Thank goodness we whiffed on our receiver targets" in a week or two. (that doesn't make sense either).

RTR
One unarguable truth about recruiting, it doesn't always make sense for sure. Evidently he had some understanding with UGA as a fall back in the perhaps likely event his grades didn't pan out and felt they had breached the pact. So oddly enough it could be potentially to our advantage that we somewhat whiffed at WR. We now at least have a legit shot at a top WR. He seems to be a smart kid. Best of luck to him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Heard Robertson reached back out to us. If he can't get in Stanford/ND we may add a another 5* to this class.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe he's good to go for ND. He's just waiting to see if his SAT score is good for Stanford before he visits.

247 still believes ND is the team to beat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.