Any high ranked player who didn't sign today?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I stand by my first impression that anyone who has months to decide where they are going to play and then wants to be "the last man standing" is a Drama Queen. If it is a SAT issue, why is he the ONLY one who does not know his score?
You are just plain wrong on this particular situation. This is a unique situation that deserves a slow approach by the student athlete.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
It is admirable to set high standards but exceling any collegiate sports requires a full time commitment to the sport. If you struggled with SAT, you would probably struggle academically as well.
Andrew Luck begs to differ, as do thousands of student athletes who excelled in their respective sport AND academics. You don't pay much attention to Crimson Tide news, do you? Alabama is in the top 5 for graduation rates and we have 4 National Championships in 7 years. I'd say that proves that you don't have to be a full time player and part time student.

Another :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: in this thread.

Bama_M.D.

Suspended
Aug 30, 2014
I stand by my first impression that anyone who has months to decide where they are going to play and then wants to be "the last man standing" is a Drama Queen. If it is a SAT issue, why is he the ONLY one who does not know his score?
I agree, college based on their reputations is really only useful if you plan to go into a select subset of studies. If your goal is to get a big name education you need to start well before this late in the process. Yes there are SOME exceptions where a person here or there will pull something big off late however infrequent. In truth his best chance for future earning potential will be his athletic ability (most at ivy school kids won't make as much as this kid if he continues to be a "5 star" player) however I wish him well in his academic journey.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I believe Alabama was #3 in graduation rate nation ally and only because Duke and Stanford were ahead of them. Alabama has players going pro after 3 seasons, I don't think Stanford or Duke has that problem.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Doesn't matter now. He signed with UAB.
i'm curious. uab will not field a team for another year. do they still have practices (spring and during the regular season) or do the students just have a free ride on scholarship until they begin play?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
i'm curious. uab will not field a team for another year. do they still have practices (spring and during the regular season) or do the students just have a free ride on scholarship until they begin play?
They begin spring practice this coming Monday. I believe they had practice during the fall and treated each week like a game week.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
UAB signed Tyler Johnston, who was was named Alabama Mr. Football in 2015. He was 35-0 at Spanish Fort and helped his team win the state championship this year. Does anyone know if Bama recruited him?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
BOL stating we have reached out to Cali Juco WR Justin Wyatt. It is a premium article and not sure if this is for 2016 or 2017.
From what I can tell, it would be this year. He signed with Ohio out of high school in 2013. He took a redshirt his freshman year and then played in 2014 before transferring.

A little background

Just read the BOL piece. He would be a member of the 2016 class. He's visiting Troy this weekend. Napier called him yesterday to talk to him some; the staff wants him to visit. He plans to make a decision by the signing deadline of April 1.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
From what I can tell, it would be this year. He signed with Ohio out of high school in 2013. He took a redshirt his freshman year and then played in 2014 before transferring.

A little background

Just read the BOL piece. He would be a member of the 2016 class. He's visiting Troy this weekend. Napier called him yesterday to talk to him some; the staff wants him to visit. He plans to make a decision by the signing deadline of April 1.
Thanks. It appears we really want to add a WR to this class.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
A week since LOI day . . . No news of a transfer or grad DL or RB, but there is of a potential WR. Wonder if it means our staff is settled with our DL and RBs, or that they are waiting to reel in one or two other large fish before April 1.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
A week since LOI day . . . No news of a transfer or grad DL or RB, but there is of a potential WR. Wonder if it means our staff is settled with our DL and RBs, or that they are waiting to reel in one or two other large fish before April 1.
You aren't very likely to see anything on the DL front. What we have is what we have. While i, like everyone else, would have liked to have signed another end...we aren't going to be taking a grad transfer on the DL.

There's still plenty of time to possibly get a transfer at RB. It's too early to dismiss that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.