CFN: 2016 Alabama Football Recruiting Class Breakdown

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
For all the pomp and circumstance about the big recruiting classes from Michigan, LSU, Ohio State, Florida, and other top programs, the No. 1 team in college football once again kept the machine rolling with, arguably, the No. 1 recruiting class. Getting linebackers Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson on NSD was a big boost to the national ranking, but cranking up the secondary with signings from Jared Mayden and Shyheim Carter taking the class to a whole other level.
http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/2016-alabama-football-recruiting-class-breakdown

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I think that 2017 will catch us up on the DL.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Someone needs to let our staff know or remind them about this kid http://247sports.com/Player/Aubrey-Solomon-41790

he is the real deal and Kirby is all over him, as is Meyer, Freeze and Florida. Couple of them bumped into him over the past two weeks. This kid was better as a freshman than Trent Thompson as a senior.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Someone needs to let our staff know or remind them about this kid http://247sports.com/Player/Aubrey-Solomon-41790

he is the real deal and Kirby is all over him, as is Meyer, Freeze and Florida. Couple of them bumped into him over the past two weeks. This kid was better as a freshman than Trent Thompson as a senior.
If he's all that, I promise Saban knows about him, and is already figuring out whether he's a fit.

On-field skill is just part of the profile. Willingness to conform to the process -- positional performance, understanding of a role, full buy-in to S&C / nutrition, and the classroom are all major factors.

Saban is the best recruiter the game has ever seen. While it's certainly important, I'm not referring to only the ability to persuade. I'm referring to the ability to build a personnel base that wins championships.

That's way more than salesmanship. It's selling the right thing, to the right people, the right way.

Enjoy this ride. We may never see anything like it again at any school in our lifetimes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Awesome screen shot. I've saved this to my camera roll.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
If he's all that, I promise Saban knows about him, and is already figuring out whether he's a fit.

On-field skill is just part of the profile. Willingness to conform to the process -- positional performance, understanding of a role, full buy-in to S&C / nutrition, and the classroom are all major factors.

Saban is the best recruiter the game has ever seen. While it's certainly important, I'm not referring to only the ability to persuade. I'm referring to the ability to build a personnel base that wins championships.

That's way more than salesmanship. It's selling the right thing, to the right people, the right way.

Enjoy this ride. We may never see anything like it again at any school in our lifetimes.

Awesome screen shot. I've saved this to my camera roll.
As good a summary of why we are fortunate to have him at Alabama as I have read.

Props to you.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I was hoping we would work on the interior.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Agreed - we're more short on the big bodies right now than we are potential outside rushers. The big boy part of our DL rotation is very, very thin right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.