JessN: Rating the 2016 SEC classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
What do Fr and Pr mean on the talent rankings? I figured out the others.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Just a few thoughts....

1) Can LSU get "over the hump" and beat Bama? Solid class, but no QB still on campus, IMO.
2) Who is going to take the reigns in the East? Solid class from Kirby, but Richt always had those, too. Can McElwain get explosiveness on offense?
3) UT has to win this year, IMO. with the talent they will lose after 2016, the cupboard is by comparison empty
4) I'm surprised Awburn did not revert to strategies of old by raiding JuCo kids. They need it bad and Malzahn may be on the way out.
5) Muschamp will have to rely on this class to play this year....and I can't see his temper and a bunch of freshmen running around equaling a ton of success.
6) Someone remind me why we added Mizzou to the SEC.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Because the Sooners were afraid.
Just curious, Big...do you think they were afraid of the competition in the SEC, or of what they perceive as leaving their lifeline -- both UTw and the state of Texas?

Or was it that the Oklahoma legislature wouldn't allow it without including OSU, a package deal to which the SEC would never agree?

I'll never understand why so many of the Sooners think they can't remain competitive without being in the same conference as Texas. I think they should tell UTw to take a hike, leaving them to their lion's share of an ever-shrinking pie.

That said, I'm not sure what prevented the move. I have to believe that, given a choice, the SEC would choose Oklahoma over Mizzou every time.

dooger

Suspended
Dec 4, 2016
Just curious, Big...do you think they were afraid of the competition in the SEC, or of what they perceive as leaving their lifeline -- both UTw and the state of Texas?

Or was it that the Oklahoma legislature wouldn't allow it without including OSU, a package deal to which the SEC would never agree?

I'll never understand why so many of the Sooners think they can't remain competitive without being in the same conference as Texas. I think they should tell UTw to take a hike, leaving them to their lion's share of an ever-shrinking pie.

That said, I'm not sure what prevented the move. I have to believe that, given a choice, the SEC would choose Oklahoma over Mizzou every time.
Bama is being out recruited by UGA. That should never happen!! We need DT and DE (quality) desperately!! I hope we have a plan. And, I hope we can hold on to Harris. Thoughts?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This was about last year's recruiting classes. This isn't the thread to discuss this year's classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.