Going to throw out some random observations here...

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I don't see a ton of discussion about the Double Whammy Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson. You have five star players and then you have two five star players FROM Alabama playing for Alabama. I think they are going to be special. I've noticed from years of reading JessN game previews how often an otherwise good defense has either no great linebackers, or they have one great one and a bunch of trash. I don't know if we grasp fully how meaningful it is that we have these NFL caliber linebackers at every position every year. It renders so many teams that play us as one dimensional and only the best quarterbacks can challenge us.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
As was already said, Kongbo has trouble against power running games. Alabama needed the guy who can play over the A and B gaps, which turned out to be King. I think Kongbo's listed weight may be a bit generous. Kongbo wanted a UA offer and nearly got one anyway, but here's another case where late in the process, a family member got really interested in Ole Miss. That, coupled with the physical traits, probably torpedoed any chance of it happening here.
This is an interesting statement to me. I would ask you to elaborate, but I think I know the answer...

The more I see things like this, the more I think I live too close to Oxford.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Funny how many family members of recruits "get interested in Ole Miss" late in the process. But I guess that's none of my business...:rolleyes:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don't see a ton of discussion about the Double Whammy Ben Davis and Lyndell Wilson. You have five star players and then you have two five star players FROM Alabama playing for Alabama. I think they are going to be special. I've noticed from years of reading JessN game previews how often an otherwise good defense has either no great linebackers, or they have one great one and a bunch of trash. I don't know if we grasp fully how meaningful it is that we have these NFL caliber linebackers at every position every year. It renders so many teams that play us as one dimensional and only the best quarterbacks can challenge us.
Here, here! Well said. The complexion of this year's D will most certainly change after loosing first round picks at linebacker and the D line. We may not be as strong at the defensive line position but I know for sure that at least one if not both Ben and Mack will be playing as frosh helping to shore up the linebacker position. Combine that with the leadership coming back and a suddenly veteran D backfield and we are looking pretty on defense this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.