Difference in Saban and Malzahn

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We signed 2 or 3 JUCOs this year right? I don't fault the practice, it is a good way to cover down on early departures with immediate depth chart participants.

15 JUCOs over 4 years is a sign that they're having a lot of trouble at filling positions out of high school more so than early departures to the NFL. Auburn hasn't recruited a successful QB straight out of high school since Brandon Cox...and that is quickly heading towards an entire decade, right? DL and OL numbers and development cycles get weird, so I understand needing to pick out a few JUCO guys to round out those groups. Consistently needing to go the JUCO route for QB is very concerning and a risky gamble. They've been really fortunate with Marshall and Newton...mixed bag with Todd (bad in 2008, alright in 2009).
I wasn't specifically focusing on the JUCOs. Trying to show how Gus apparently has no vision for each class. One year he loads up on a position while pretty much ignoring it the next.

This is too easy..

Saban

Malzahn
At least get the car right...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
When I watch Gus at halftime (doesn't matter who is winning or what the score is) he acts like he is afraid to say anything negative. I wonder why that is? When everyone can see you can't tackle a sack of potatoes, why say a bunch of positive bs. He is not very bright, in my opinion.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
When I watch Gus at halftime (doesn't matter who is winning or what the score is) he acts like he is afraid to say anything negative. I wonder why that is? When everyone can see you can't tackle a sack of potatoes, why say a bunch of positive bs. He is not very bright, in my opinion.
Maybe he is scared of sounding like Coach Brian Kelley from Notre Dame at halftime of the game against us. He was being honest and people didn't like hearing that. Malzahn is a sunshine pumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.