B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ROFL - "Thanks for coming. Really looking forward to a 5-6 season."

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't know what some coaches might say about their own class, but we all know what CBB thinks about Fla and Ole Miss.

Apparently it was meant as a compliment:

"I said something earlier that came across in the wrong way, I guess. I was paying a compliment to Florida. We've seen them kind of pop up everywhere. Before my last couple years here, really had only competed against Florida in Georgia and Florida itself a lot, because I love to recruit Florida. Well, this last week we were competing against them on a wide receiver in Texas, a running back, a player in Louisiana and a player in North Dakota. And I've never seen that before; that's all I was making reference to.
“It's kind of like last week, we stumbled across an offensive lineman in Illinois and I really liked him and started to proceed with him and found out he -- before I got anything going -- had had committed to Ole Miss. And I told my staff, ‘Ole Miss, they're everywhere.' That's kind of the comment we make. It wasn't in reference to anything other than that. I mean that wholeheartedly and honestly, and when I said that earlier, I was paying a compliment to Florida."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And then there's Malzahn...

"Well, we only had so many scholarships to go around, so given our problems last year when we didn't score very much, we decided to focus on offense and get players who really couldn't do much but run in circles with misdirection because let's face it - Alabama gets all the defensive players who can actually play. And given the time span of the last guy here who went to the BCS title game and then had problems, I haven't even unpacked my stuff."

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I remember a couple of classes during probation where we speculated that these guy loved Alabama so much that they would probably play harder.......................they did!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.