Remaining Schedule and Chances of Post Season Play

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Look at some of the wins by this team against ranked teams.

Notre Dame
Wichita St.
Texas A&M
South Carolina
Florida

Some of the "bubble teams" I've seen have ZERO quality wins. Thy only have a better W-L record. Hopefully Bama can keep winning to start getting mentions. That said, given what he has to work with AJ has done an incredible job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Look at some of the wins by this team against ranked teams.

Notre Dame
Wichita St.
Texas A&M
South Carolina
Florida

Some of the "bubble teams" I've seen have ZERO quality wins. Thy only have a better W-L record. Hopefully Bama can keep winning to start getting mentions. That said, given what he has to work with AJ has done an incredible job.

Johnson has done amazing things, agreed. Also agree that a win over Flawida - especially on the road - is a great thing. Don't think they were ranked in top 20 or 25 when we beat them, though.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings/_/year/2016/poll/1

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm the first to admit I'm slow to get aboard the basketball excitement, but better late than never. I just took the time to read this thread start to finish...what a fun read. Several weeks ago, nobody wanted to jinx the team with too high expectations, then the wins just kept rolling in.

I had forgotten how much more exciting the NCAA tournament and brackets are when you have a team in the hunt. We might even make it in this, Johnson's first season. Amazing that it's a legitimate discussion this late in the season.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
It's still generally considered a quality win, for now. Unfortunately, every single team on that list except Florida has been fading.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
The optimism should be through the roof for us right about now! I saw our team picture on yahoo sports after winning! Dicky V is tweeting about us! The SEC Channel experts both think Bama is in! At the moment you cant keep us off the bubble talk and who knows what is coming up next! Exciting!!!!!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The optimism should be through the roof for us right about now! I saw our team picture on yahoo sports after winning! Dicky V is tweeting about us! The SEC Channel experts both think Bama is in! At the moment you cant keep us off the bubble talk and who knows what is coming up next! Exciting!!!!!
Trying to shape the narrative which is yet another reason why it's good to have the SEC network.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
OK, here is my view of what we need to do to get into the Big Dance at this point.

• A win over LSU and hold home court the rest of the way
  • A win over UK( highly unlikely) and hold home court
  • A win over Georgia, 1 win maybe 2 in the SEC tourney, and hold home court

The first 2 assume we are in at the end of the regular season assuming no bad losses in the SEC tourney. LSU presents a problem. Their RPI pretty much sucks so if we lose to them 2 times it really hurts our chances. The committee would have to overlook that and put us in over them anyway so it is a bit of a conundrum for them. We still need to finish in the top 5 in the conference as well so if we can beat LSU and Georgia, we are in period. I think barring a total collapse, we are in the NIT for sure which if you asked me at the beginning of the season I would have thought was a successful season. Anything more than that is gravy.

I think we are the team no one wants to play right now. Coach Avery Johnson should be SEC coach of the year no matter what happens at USCe. He has done more with less than any coach in the nation in my estimation.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
To me, if we go 4-2 over the last 6.....that puts us 19-11.....and if we win one in the tournament, that will put us 20-12.....and an RPI between 35-45.....

I'd think that would give us a serious look.....

Palm has us as a 10 seed currently.....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

We don't have the front court to beat UK, and though we took LSU to the wire....not sure we can beat them either. I think we can win the other 4....putting us 10-8 in conference. I think it comes down to winning at Athens....

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
All good takes! One factor never mentioned is what some of the other bubble teams do as well from here on out! There is prolly a few teams we should keep our eyes on a lil more than the others and see how this adds to our tourney chances, altho at this point Im not sure who they are.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree in that circumstance but luckily we get a shot on the court instead of playing it out on paper.
I agree with the premise of needing to win at LSU or Kentucky, but Lunardi comes across as a complete hack with his comments.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I don't think we absolutely have to beat LSU or UK to get in. A road win over Georgia and 2 wins in the SEC tourney would put us at 21-11 which I think get us in. We might be a play in game, but who knows.

Lunardi is full of himself. I trust Palm and CBS in this case more than him or his ESPN talking head buddies.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I'm thinking the UK game is a wash. No one cares if we win that game except us Bama fans. Then that puts all on one game, LSU? I dont see that either, whether we win or lose that game it wont decide all our tourney chances. So fun to talk about....

The Playmaker

2nd Team
Jan 9, 2011
T-town
I agree with the premise of needing to win at LSU or Kentucky, but Lunardi comes across as a complete hack with his comments.
To be fair, he's the most accurate guy out there when it comes to predicting the field. Not just who gets in but a lot of the seedings as well. Us being the first four out is a good spot to be in. We have LSU and UK on the road, no one is expecting wins there. Winning the rest of our games, which we should, puts us at 19 wins. Right there we're a fringe bubble team. Not losing our first SECT game puts us at a minimum 20 wins, with our RPI, SOS and top wins list then we're in.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
To be fair, he's the most accurate guy out there when it comes to predicting the field. Not just who gets in but a lot of the seedings as well. Us being the first four out is a good spot to be in. We have LSU and UK on the road, no one is expecting wins there. Winning the rest of our games, which we should, puts us at 19 wins. Right there we're a fringe bubble team. Not losing our first SECT game puts us at a minimum 20 wins, with our RPI, SOS and top wins list then we're in.
BAMM! Well done, you said it better than I did. I'm with playmaker!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.