Bama in the Promised Land

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Posting this pic from old city Jerusalem at the risk of re-igniting another "white helmet vs crimson helmet" conflagration... :p_green:
רול הגאות רול (RTR)

[/URL][/IMG]

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
To each his own & I hope we wear them in just one game in my lifetime..The "White Helmets are a part of of history & I think we should wear them once a game every few years or so.
As long as BAMA doesn't throw in any other shades other than Crimson and White, I won't complain.

Roll Tide!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
During the dark years it was like we were wondering in the wilderness.
In those years we went into games hoping we could win... No confidence.

THEN COACH SABAN ARRIVED... :) :BigA:

The one constant we have had has been our uniforms... I have always loved em.
Our uniforms are classic. Other teams can have a dozen different uniforms to try to gain attention.
We get our attention when we step on the field in our regular uniforms. Everybody recognizes em.

DON'T MESS WITH SUCCESS.

We have the classic 'Old School' look, cause we are Classic Old School. :)

Every year we have TideFans members talk about wanting to change this or that about our uniforms.
I don't see it ever happening. Most of us old guys kind of like what we have...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Nice find! As to
the white helmets, I'm glad the team doesn't get caught up in the alternate uniform crap! We are who we say we are, and the uniforms are uniform!!! Roll Tide

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That reminds me of the verse in that Bible that talks about that High place to which we go. It's called Bama(h) to this day.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've posted this before, but memories fade and new people come along. I was in school during the transmission from white to crimson. The white wasn't a true "choice" at all. Everyone had white, because the original plastic came only in white. A few teams tried painting helmets, but they looked like hell by the end of the season, since each collision knocked off a chip of paint. (Back then, the preferred method of tackling would be called "spearing" now.) In the late 50s, Ridell perfected a method of mixing a permanent dye into the plastic and the 1960 Arkansas team wore these. Their shade of red is very close to our crimson and Coach really liked them. We went over to them in 1961 and won a MNC in them. They were wildly popular, being new with the fans, who thought them very sharp and cutting edge, not taken for granted as they are today. If anyone is interested, I'll scan and post some of my pix from my Corollas from that era showing the white helmets everyone wore...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
To perform pagan sacrifices... :D
There are lots of pagan sacrifices that take place in Bryant-Denny on game days. Mostly, players on the opposing teams are sacrificed on those alters. And some people are high up in Bryant-Denny Stadiums on those days. Some may even be just high.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.