News Article: Manziel's ex claims he threatened to kill her & himself...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Update:

Grand jury reportedly indicts Johnny Manziel on assault charge

A grand jury has reportedly decided to indict Johnny Manziel on a misdemeanor assault charge stemming back to an incident between the former Cleveland Browns quarterback and his ex-girlfriend.
So much for that football career. NFL teams these days have very little patience or compassion for woman beaters.
Like I said in an earlier post, "Too much coddling and not enough woodshed."
Too bad he never learned how to be a man.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Update:

Grand jury reportedly indicts Johnny Manziel on assault charge

So much for that football career. NFL teams these days have very little patience or compassion for woman beaters.
Like I said in an earlier post, "Too much coddling and not enough woodshed."
Too bad he never learned how to be a man.
Yes sir. I would say he is toxic. The NFL does not like negative publicity. Oh well, there's always Arena Football.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I guess we now know why he has been having all of those recent party blowouts. He only has a little free time left and made what he considered the most of it.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
:biggrin:I just had an idea for a movie. A NFL quarterback goes to prison and puts together a team of cons to play the guards in a game of football.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It's both sad and a cautionary tale for the rest (i.e., non-Alabama portion) of the CFB world.

It's sad because it's such a waste of God-given athletic talent. That's mainly because of Manziel's own personal weaknesses. But a lot of people bear some responsibility in enabling him to do that. Starting with his parents, especially his dad, who was a spoiled obnoxious brat who (no surprise) raised a spoiled obnoxious brat. Only difference was, JFF had infinitely more athletic ability than the old man, and therefore more to eventually send down the toilet. Add fans, Sumlin, the aTm administration, and goodness knows how many others who covered for him when he was drunk / stoned / holed up with a woman / just hung over.

It says volumes when that bastion of upstanding moral righteousness, Drew Rosenhaus, fires Manziel after less than 90 days as his agent. Everybody he (Manziel) once knew now publicly say they're worried. They're not even trying to hide it any more. For a guy who has never been told no or experienced an enforced limit in his life, that's ominous.

It's a cautionary tale because Johnny Manziel turned 23 years old in December. The chances of him seeing 30 are slim. The chances of him seeing 30 if he doesn't clean up his act are zero. Shoot, if he doesn't clean up, he might not see 25.

Johnny Manziel made low-to-mid eight figures off of one game in Tuscaloosa during his redshirt freshman year in 2012. It might be his undoing. He has done nothing of consequence since, and gives every indication of flushing an opportunity that literally billions of people would love to have.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.