Bama vs USC

fourbama

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
Does anyone know which side of the stadium The Tide will be on in the opener against USC. Wanted to start looking for tickets and want to be with Bama fans.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Not sure, but holding off on buying this year. I lost over $1200 last year between the two playoff games AND overpaid by a few hundred for Wisconsin because I bought early. There's a stubhub a 3 minute walk from the stadium where you can pickup tickets from the order so this year I'm waiting until the week of to buy. Since shipping won't be a worry.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DollarTaker

Suspended
Jul 17, 2015
Destin, FL
Does anyone know which side of the stadium The Tide will be on in the opener against USC. Wanted to start looking for tickets and want to be with Bama fans.

I am pretty sure we are visitors judging by Alabama vs USC. The visitor side is usually the top sideline when viewed on the at&t site or any ticket broker site, but I have not seen this being printed on the stadium sidelines when looking for tickets as they have for the Ark-TAM game. Tickets are on sale now if you want to take a chance.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game, but you are going to get ripped off if you pay for tickets before they are mailed out in August. Right now, all you can really buy are promises for tickets from ticket brokers that are charging a large premium.

At least wait until about June before you start looking, but Id wait until about 3-4 weeks out.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game, but you are going to get ripped off if you pay for tickets before they are mailed out in August. Right now, all you can really buy are promises for tickets from ticket brokers that are charging a large premium.

At least wait until about June before you start looking, but Id wait until about 3-4 weeks out.
100% this - I could have paid less for better seats than what I bought through TidePride if I had waited. The only caveat I would give on this game is - it is USC so who knows if the demand may be stronger than for Wiscy

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I am pretty sure we are visitors judging by Alabama vs USC. The visitor side is usually the top sideline when viewed on the at&t site or any ticket broker site, but I have not seen this being printed on the stadium sidelines when looking for tickets as they have for the Ark-TAM game. Tickets are on sale now if you want to take a chance.
Where are they on sale? Scalper sites?

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
100% this - I could have paid less for better seats than what I bought through TidePride if I had waited. The only caveat I would give on this game is - it is USC so who knows if the demand may be stronger than for Wiscy
I would think there will be much greater demand. The USC faithful are very optimistic about their chances next year. USC also has a larger national following than Wisconsin and they travel well. They will travel really well to get a crack at seeing their team face Alabama.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would think there will be much greater demand. The USC faithful are very optimistic about their chances next year. USC also has a larger national following than Wisconsin and they travel well. They will travel really well to get a crack at seeing their team face Alabama.
It's crazy to think how the two programs have traded places in the last decade.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
It's crazy to think how the two programs have traded places in the last decade.
I agree. That is a hungry fanbase. They have tradition and will be like we were in 2009. Hungry and feeling like its their right to win. I hope our fans don't take this period for granted. We are right in the middle of the greatest dynasty in college football history. That excludes no one. Would have been awesome to renew that old home and home with them but I am just glad we are playing another historically great school whose championship pedigree is (not as grand) close to ours.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
When I saw this thread, I wasn't even thinking about next season match up, I thought this thread was going to be a discussion about bama current dynasty and usc's dynasty last decade. 🤔

Getting back on topic, I like the answer of "the winning side."

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
When I saw this thread, I wasn't even thinking about next season match up, I thought this thread was going to be a discussion about bama current dynasty and usc's dynasty last decade. ��

Getting back on topic, I like the answer of "the winning side."[/QUOTE

Teaser title. I thought it was about discussing the opening game and I was all ready for the way to early.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Never too early to discuss our next opponent after 24 is up. So what does everyone think of the game? Usc didn't have a great defense last year.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
Never too early to discuss our next opponent after 24 is up. So what does everyone think of the game? Usc didn't have a great defense last year.
I think the jury is still out on whether or not Helton is the right guy for the job. They have fallen a long way from the Pete Carroll glory days. However, they can still be dangerous. I think we win, but Max Browne concerns me. I hope this game doesn't turn into his "coming out" party where he becomes the new superstar of the whole season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We're usually great in season openers like this game. USC is a pretty huge unknown right now but they've got talent. The worst thing about these games is you really have no barometer to go off.

Last edited:

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I live in LA (hence my moniker), and I am psyched for this game. Great history on both sides. Unknown but highly touted QB's. A little coaching intrigue. 4 and 5 star players all over the field. However, despite the hype and the seemingly deep recruiting at SC, I don't really expect SC to be that competitive. The key thing is that they are totally rebuilding, again! The team tried to get behind Helton, but really it was demoralizing to lose the head coach like that. And then Helton fired his staff, so there's no continuity. It's kind of hard to believe they can put it together in time to really challenge Saban's relentlessly prepared team.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Really glad to see this series renewed and I think we're catching them at a good time. Interesting tidbit about this series--our only losses to the Trojans were both games played at Legion Field. We are undefeated against them everywhere else we've played them.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.