Bama vs USC

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I'm just curious of how long it takes before CNS tells CLK to calm down on offense... I'm sure Kiffin wants to throw up 100 pts lol.
I can't believe that I forgot all about CLK being @ USCw before coming to the good guys. Don't you just know Lane wants a TD every offensive snap of the ball for Bama. I'd bet he will be running all up and down the side line the whole game.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Given the current talent disparity between the two programs and the LK connection, I think a massive beatdown is entirely possible. Come to think of it, I don't think anyone has played us close yet in Jerry World. Just ask Michigan, Wisconsin, and Michigan State fans.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Interesting tidbit about this series--our only losses to the Trojans were both games played at Legion Field.
I was at the last game we played them in 1978. IIRC, we were losing going into halftime. We scored on our 1st drive (I think) of 2nd half, and I just knew we were going to win then. Unfortunately not. I think the next issue of SI's cover had a picture of Charles White running thru our line with the caption "Rolling Back the Tide." Yet, that year was one of CPB's 6 NC's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I was at the last game we played them in 1978. IIRC, we were losing going into halftime. We scored on our 1st drive (I think) of 2nd half, and I just knew we were going to win then. Unfortunately not. I think the next issue of SI's cover had a picture of Charles White running thru our line with the caption "Rolling Back the Tide." Yet, that year was one of CPB's 6 NC's.

The last game we played them was in December 1985 in the Aloha Bowl. We won 24-3.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

They lost another game which opened the door for us. I don't know which game they lost, though. So we split the title with them that year. It helped that we beat an undefeated #1 ranked Penn State in the Sugar Bowl.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Don't get to cocky my fellow Bama fan brotheren.....last time Bama played a Los Angeles team in an opener, Mike Dubose was head coach, and It wasn't that long ago. The then #3 Bama got a beat down by a UCLA Bruin team that wasn't supposed to be that good. I was at the game, and actually my dad is tied into U of A, so we rode with the players and coaches into the stadium. The bus was fairly quiet that day, but I could hear snickering from the players in the back. The team wasn't in the right frame of mind, they came out flat, UCLA jumped on them early and never looked back.

See ya'll in Dallas.....RTR!!!!!
FIFY

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Don't get to cocky my fellow Bama fan brotheren.....last time Bama played a Los Angeles team in an opener, they thoroughly got their butt kicked, and It wasn't that long ago. The then #3 Bama got a beat down by a UCLA Bruin team that wasn't supposed to be that good. I was at the game, and actually my dad is tied into U of A, so we rode with the players and coaches into the stadium. The bus was fairly quiet that day, but I could hear snickering from the players in the back. The team wasn't in the right frame of mind, they came out flat, UCLA jumped on them early and never looked back.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Don't get to cocky my fellow Bama fan brotheren.....last time Bama played a Los Angeles team in an opener, they thoroughly got their butt kicked, and It wasn't that long ago. The then #3 Bama got a beat down by a UCLA Bruin team that wasn't supposed to be that good. I was at the game, and actually my dad is tied into U of A, so we rode with the players and coaches into the stadium. The bus was fairly quiet that day, but I could hear snickering from the players in the back. The team wasn't in the right frame of mind, they came out flat, UCLA jumped on them early and never looked back.

Wasn't that long ago? That was in 2000.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Wasn't that long ago? That was in 2000.
I was at that game and believe me, I still remember it like it was yesterday.
After the Freddie Millons punt return, the game turned into a nightmare of DeShaun Foster doing whatever he wanted. Man, that game blew.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.