***** 2017 OT Alex Leatherwood Enrolls at Alabama*****

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** 2017 4* OT Alex Leatherwood Commits to Alabama***

Worry not young grasshopper:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. Always remember we have the ultimate closer and he usually gets who he wants and Alex is one of those (and so is Najee).

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

OK, thanks everybody. I`ve just never been blessed with a faith in the constancy of 18 year olds. Color me old and cynical I suppose !

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

If he's truly committed then why does he do this?
If I knew I was going to take a job at x, but y and z still thought they had a chance, wanted to wine and dine, etc, why would I not go just for the story, experience, and girls....the recruiting girls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If he's truly committed then why does he do this?
A lot of our guys go on officials to the other schools after they commit and have ever since Coach Saban has been here. Some of our commits in the past have gone on officials at another school and actually recruited other recruits to come to Bama (I think one got sent home when he was caught doing it).

My point is when this is a fairly frequent occurrence every single year why does someone ask your question. It's part of the recruiting process and I have accepted it. No big deal.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Calm down people hes one of the reason moses committed. If he flips its news to the staff

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

Because CNS isn't scared of what he'll see anywhere else.
I think CNS encourages the kids to take their free visits. It is a chance to see other parts of the country and make sure Bama is really where they want to be.......a happy camper will be more willing to do what it takes to prepare be a champion.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Leatherwood told ESPN today he will announce his final decision on December 16 at his high school.
After visiting Bama this weekend, he tells BOL he will no longer announce on December 16. He's "very committed" to Alabama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

5-star offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood no longer sees himself at any other school but Alabama

Leatherwood, a 5-star offensive tackle from Booker T. Washington High School (Pensacola, Fla.), told SEC Country that he no longer sees himself at any other school than the one he’s been committed to since June of 2015.

“To be honest, I don’t,” Leatherwood said. “It’s been a long and very enjoyable process, but I’m comfortable with my commitment and I’m ready to start the process.”

The nation’s No. 2 offensive tackle has caused lots of worry for Alabama fans over the past several months because of his visits to other schools and his comments to reporters about the status of his commitment. He told SEC Country recently after one of his visits to Florida that he was “iffy” with his commitment to Alabama, but that’s no longer the case after spending two days in Gainesville.

In fact, he’s ready to sign his financial aid agreement with Alabama. It’s the only school he’s planning on signing one with.

“Yeah, I did feel iffy before, but now I feel vey confident with my commitment,” Leatherwood said. “I actually plan on signing my financial aid papers with Alabama soon. I just needed time to think over everything and evaluate things to the fullest.”

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Sounds pretty good, hope he follows through. I still see mixed messages in that article. Keeping fingers crossed.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

He has sent a lot of mixed signals this season, but I think he sticks.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

a 247 writer said that Leatherwood had every intention of boarding a flight to Gainesville after the Outback Bowl, but couldn't do it. Glad he is enrolled and practicing. He already looked like he belongs out there. RTR

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Dude is huge and looks cut...like Tyron Smith (Dallas Cowboys LT)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.