Question: New Sign Being Posted at Some Schools: Gun Zone Here

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/02/0...ing-staffers-could-be-armed.html?intcmp=hpbt3

Some Oklahoma schools display signs warning staffers could be armed

Oklahoma passed the law last year that gave discretion to school systems to train and arm designated teachers. Personally, I think this is long overdue but these new signs are going up and some are outraged while others are encouraged. Any thoughts?

P.S. The school shootings only stop when another gun gets there. Just saying.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
The cigar store where I shop has a sign welcoming gun toters. Says only pull 'em out if needed.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
The sign itself will make bad folks think twice. If I was in a crowd of 60,000 i would feel safer with
59,000 being legally armed than with just 1 being illegally armed. I do size up anyone I see carrying (open or concealed including LEOs) for any unusual behavior.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The sign itself will make bad folks think twice. If I was in a crowd of 60,000 i would feel safer with
59,000 being legally armed than with just 1 being illegally armed. I do size up anyone I see carrying (open or concealed including LEOs) for any unusual behavior.
Yes, but for the most part I put them into 2 categories. A- Open Carry - this generally means a person who is either a LEO or is respective of open carry laws and can be depended upon to defend others in case of an emergency..
B - Concealed carry - I'm wary of anyone who is trying to conceal a too-large weapon under his too-small jacket. This is the person you have to look up one side and down the other and be watchful of them until either they or you leave. You should also make sure that anyone in Category A is well aware of the guy in Category B.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Yes, but for the most part I put them into 2 categories. A- Open Carry - this generally means a person who is either a LEO or is respective of open carry laws and can be depended upon to defend others in case of an emergency..
B - Concealed carry - I'm wary of anyone who is trying to conceal a too-large weapon under his too-small jacket. This is the person you have to look up one side and down the other and be watchful of them until either they or you leave. You should also make sure that anyone in Category A is well aware of the guy in Category B.
I think I get your point, but only because a legit CCW holder wouldn't try to conceal a too-large weapon under a too-small jacket. A legitimate CCW holder would carry an appropriate weapon for his or her attire such that nobody would know they were armed.

I carry concealed here in SC and everywhere else I can legally carry, including Alabama. I have to say I keep an eye on people there carrying open. At least with a CCW in SC, we have to pass a criminal, background check and pass a course that demonstrates we know the relevant laws and can handle the weapon. It appears that just about any yahoo or gang banger can open carry in Alabama. That makes me a little nervous when I see someone with a .357 on his hip.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I'm a big 2nd amendment proponent. When I'm out and about I also try to be aware of who is or might be carrying. I admit I am a little suspect of most folks I see carrying open. Not necessarily because I think they are out to do harm, I just wonder if a lot of them have agenda other than simply exercising their rights.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.