Lengthy Diatribe Time: Post-NSD Wrap-Up With Closing Thoughts

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
On academics...

I'm less concerned with Emmons. He has some work to do, but in general he's in a feasible position and doesn't need any longshot contingencies to pan out for him to qualify. We've had several people in his situation over the years, and most of those guys have made it. Not a guarantee by any stretch, but definitely some reasons to feel optimistic.

Davis, I'm afraid, is a much longer shot. With only one semester of high school left, there just isn't much, if any, room for improvement with his core GPA. He needs to do really well on the ACT for him to get in, and, even if he does, the question then becomes whether the Clearinghouse will accept the raised score. That latter part, unfortunately, is far from a given.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Hope you're right, Mack.

While I'd obviously rather have both in the fold, the depth issues at RB make me think that losing Emmons to grades would be a worse blow than losing Davis.
Well, we only brought in one defensive lineman in the 2015 class and if we only bring in three in the 2016 class that could potentially put the defensive line in a much worst position than the running back position. So it appears to me that Davis is the most important of the two.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, we only brought in one defensive lineman in the 2015 class and if we only bring in three in the 2016 class that could potentially put the defensive line in a much worst position than the running back position. So it appears to me that Davis is the most important of the two.
Bo may be a one and done player for you next season, so injuries aside, Emmons is just as important.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He would have to have a Heisman year for that to happen...which wouldn't be a bad thing. :cool2:
Not really. If he has a productive year, while even sharing carries, he'll get looked at heavily by NFL teams. He has a lot of tread on the tires, having sat out as much as he has. That's enticing to teams I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Bo was a freshman this past year and has 2 more years before he can turn pro.
That is not correct. The rule is that to be eligible to enter the NFL Draft, you must be three years removed from high school. Scarbrough will be eligible to enter the Draft next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not really. If he has a productive year, while even sharing carries, he'll get looked at heavily by NFL teams. He has a lot of tread on the tires, having sat out as much as he has. That's enticing to teams I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Ehh... With the RB class in next year's class, he would have to have a very, very special year to make the jump. Otherwise, he's not getting drafted in the top three or four rounds.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.