1 in 4 federal employees will consider quitting if Trump is elected

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
No way do they give up their union protection, gravy train federal jobs.

But we can hope.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
A federal employee considers quitting. 30 seconds elapse. "I guess I'll stay. They need me." End of story.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I know A LOT of federal employees who have considered quitting for various reasons, including changes in administrations. I don't know many who have left without being forced out. Most of what I have seen look around at what is available for them and bite their lip.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Don't let the door hit you in the glute on the way out.

(They won't, though - if entertainers making zillions won't leave when 'the other guy' is elected, then neither will these Emmy Award winning 'can't get fired no matter how bad a job I do' shills).

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Why stop there? Would they leave the country too?

Then we'd be making progress.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't deal with federal employees, but I do not see them as working for the president any more than any employee as working for their company's CEO.

I agree very few will follow through on this. If an actor, who has the means to live anywhere in the world, stays here, someone needing the job and benefits to support a family isn't going to quit if they don't like the next president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Wouldn't make any difference if 25% leave. The positions remain; they'd just be filled. The bureaucracy endures.
Maybe it would make a difference. The Bureaucracy is bloated! Maybe he or whoever will cut the rest (those remaining) by 50%.

Get rid of the "rif raf", i.e. leeches!

I can think of a few Departments that could be eliminated and the country would function more efficiently, effectively, and productively.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
The bureaucracy is definitely bloated. And there are so many layers of approvals that nothing can get remotely done in a timely fashion. It's not unusual for simple, nonsensical documents to take months to get signed.

In my program contractors outnumber government employees probably three to one. These are the people who work directly at the program - e.g., executive assistants (secretaries) that cost $80k+. Factor in the contractors that are offsite doing the more technical work and government employees are probably outnumbered eight to one. These are the people that cost $300k or more.

Yep, a whole lot of waste.

I wonder how the big government crowd justifies all this.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.