Big 12 is reaffirming marriage vows.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
LOL - My boss (a Sooner) will "love" that article. Thanks for posting - I'll have to send him the link.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The article kept mentioning someone named Bowlsby but did not give his first name or title. Who is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
They can keep their internal conflict out of the public eye until the the devil catches a cold.

Unless and until they quit asking UTw, "Mother, may I?" at every turn, no amount if holding hands and singing Kumbaya when the cameras are on will matter.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But all the money in the world not in Fort Knox is in Austin, don'tcha all know that? All they gotta do is throw out the checkbook and Saban's coming blah blah blah.

The rest of the Big 12 (OU, etc) is the abused wife that figures she can't leave because there's nothing out there and she'll starve. And The Longhorn Network has been a sick joke in terms of reality. (I've never gotten it........I mean, how many UT games from the last 40 years would you re-watch......and how many times? Other than maybe the 2006 Rose Bowl and the 1996 Big 12 championship game and perhaps the 2004 Rose Bowl.......what else would you watch even if you are a UT diehard?)

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
For some reason these two clowns came to mind when i read this article.

On the left, UT On the right, the rest of the Big 12

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If I were the chancellor of a Big 12-2 school, I'd be putting feelers out to the other 4 major conferences. They're better off letting Texas go the way of ND, rather than begging for scraps like a Dickens character.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Time for the other nine to find three teams and dump texas - the short horns can see how the do scheduling independently or join one of the puff conferences and go undefeated every year to play on new years eve forever.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The non-Texas schools are too dependent on Texas for recruiting. The non-Austin Texas schools are entirely dependent on the Longhorns to keep their place within a power five conference. If UT-Austin leaves the Big-12 then OU leaves too...and schools like Baylor, TCU, and TTU are probably looking for a MWC or CUSA bid. This is the crux of the problem. Texas' ego is not based on their placed in the national pecking order but instead on their place in the Big-12 hierarchy. They are the linchpin that is holding it all together and it inflates their view of what they actually are to the nation. We're talking about a school that's had two national titles in 40 years. They're basically Georgia in different colors.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The non-Texas schools are too dependent on Texas for recruiting. The non-Austin Texas schools are entirely dependent on the Longhorns to keep their place within a power five conference. If UT-Austin leaves the Big-12 then OU leaves too...and schools like Baylor, TCU, and TTU are probably looking for a MWC or CUSA bid. This is the crux of the problem. Texas' ego is not based on their placed in the national pecking order but instead on their place in the Big-12 hierarchy. They are the linchpin that is holding it all together and it inflates their view of what they actually are to the nation. We're talking about a school that's had two national titles in 40 years. They're basically Georgia in different colors.
I keep reading about the non Texas schools being dependent on Texas recruits, but then I look a Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and W Virginia and see their won/loss records and I wonder just what kind of Texas leftovers they are hauling in :eek2: Only Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are a threat do win the Big 12 and they could no doubt do well anyway.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
West Virginia is in a terrible spot imo. They were better off when they played teams in Florida and closer to their region when in the Big East. They've lost their recruiting grounds that helped make them into a decent team on the national stage prior to joining the Big-12.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
West Virginia is in a terrible spot imo. They were better off when they played teams in Florida and closer to their region when in the Big East. They've lost their recruiting grounds that helped make them into a decent team on the national stage prior to joining the Big-12.
You have got that right. One of the great mysteries of College Football is why W Virginia would join a conference where their away games are on the other side of the world. Well, maybe I jest there, but W Virginia is at least 1000 miles from Texas. I used to look at the Big 12 and think that Iowa State was on an island far away from the main street. Now I look at W Virginia and just shake my head. I don't care how you slice it their travel expenses must be sky high. As you said their gene pool is dried up and on top of that they have no natural rival ..... not sectional nor border nor geographical.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You have got that right. One of the great mysteries of College Football is why W Virginia would join a conference where their away games are on the other side of the world. Well, maybe I jest there, but W Virginia is at least 1000 miles from Texas. I used to look at the Big 12 and think that Iowa State was on an island far away from the main street. Now I look at W Virginia and just shake my head. I don't care how you slice it their travel expenses must be sky high. As you said their gene pool is dried up and on top of that they have no natural rival ..... not sectional nor border nor geographical.
Survival. When it was all going down and the Big East was dying as a football entity, no one wanted West Virginia. Then the Big 12 started falling apart and West Virginia was the strongest available candidate. It was mutual survival. (Although the Big 12 made a massive blunder by not taking Louisville and Pittsburgh as well. They didn't because, well because Texas).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.