Game Thread: Alabama vs. Missouri

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thanks to Matt for starting the game thread. I have a close relative in the hospital and had to spend some time at the hospital today. I barely missed the end of the game. Then, shortly, I couldn't get on TF at all. I don't know how we got to the final score, but I'll take the win any time...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I made it to T-town for the game today. Officially it was a sellout but the arena wasn't full, still a really good crowd though. I thought we played okay - we missed Hale - and the scoring was well distributed. The first 7 minutes or so of the 2nd half was our best basketball of the day. Once we pushed the lead to 24 the guys lost their intensity, and interest.

Retin has worked himself into a darn good player and while I wouldn't openly campaign for him to be SEC POTY, I do think he deserves, but won't get, some serious consideration. He's having a really strong season, check out his stats. What he brings to the team will be difficult to replace.

Watching Jimmy Taylor shoot FT's is... painful, yet interesting. It truly is a sideways rotation. How does one do that?

I sure wish we could find an Ernest Shelton like shooter for next year, but then doesn't everyone.

I enjoyed watching CAJ coach. He was in perpetual motion and constantly talking to his players. I hope he has a long tenure here I look forward to getting to another game soon.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
CAJ is a good coach and classy man. His interview after the game was great. I think Bama did very well to get him.
His hire seemed to come completely out of left field, and I wondered how long he would stay even if he came in and did well. Well, I really like what I see with CJ, and I hope he stays around a while. I really look forward to seeing what he can do with a little more talent and depth. I like how he has developed the talent we have, and, as you mentioned, TideWatcher, I like how he represents UA.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Not a game topic, hope it is OK here.

Chris D's basketball stories are a welcome addition to this site; worth following. Took me a while to figure out they are posted under Jess N's name.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Retin has worked himself into a darn good player and while I wouldn't openly campaign for him to be SEC POTY, I do think he deserves, but won't get, some serious consideration. He's having a really strong season, check out his stats. What he brings to the team will be difficult to replace.
Agree on Retin 100%. My gut feeling is that he won't even be 1st team All-SEC which will be a travesty but hopefully I'm wrong on that. I'm wondering what his NBA potential is? The athletic ability has always been there and now it seems like his basketball skills have caught up. Consistency has been an issue for him and if he can continue to put up very good numbers then I have to think the NBA is in his near future.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not a game topic, hope it is OK here.

Chris D's basketball stories are a welcome addition to this site; worth following. Took me a while to figure out they are posted under Jess N's name.
Chris is Jess' long-time best friend. I've known him for about 20 years myself. He's a good journalist. That's his training and work experience...

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Since I missed the game (and don't want to look up the box score)]

Kessens played a little more than 20 min. 8 pts on 3/4. 5 rebs. Picked up 2 fouls. 2 / 3 from the FT line. Moved better than I would have thought possible.

Hale did not play.

Taylor played approx 20 min and scored 11. 4/5. 5 boards.

Hall approx same minutes. No pts. 6 rebs.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.