GA News: OnlineAthens - ‘Humble dude’ Jacob Eason already a big deal at UGA

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
February 6th, 2016 03:40 PM

The term “freshman 15” has been around longer than Jacob Eason has been alive.
The Georgia quarterback may have already put on that amount of weight in his first month on campus. The 6-foot-5 early enrollee is up to 230 pounds, which he says is 10 or 15 more than when he arrived in Athens.
College life, he said, gives him the freedom now to go eat wherever he wants.
“We have Chick-fil-A every morning,” he said. “I’m a big Barberitos fan. Love it. The cheese sauce.”
Eason also points to working out with new head strength coach Scott Sinclair in the weight room for adding more pounds on his frame.
“It's a huge transition, but once you get your mind wrapped around the fact that it's college football and there's no excuses, your work ethic comes along with that,” Eason said. “I'm just trying to do the best I can and be a leader if I can be. I'm coming in now, getting used to all the guys and what they want to do with themselves here. I'm doing the best I can with myself, and I'll keep working with the guys here."
Georgia fans won’t see Eason on the field until G-Day on April 16, but on the way to class he gets recognized often.
After all, the Lake Stevens, Wash., product, won multiple national player of the year awards and his recruitment by former Bulldogs coach Mark Richt and re-recruitment by new coach Kirby Smart was followed closely.
People aren’t shy to want to capture their moment with Eason.
“Snapchats and cameras,” he said. “Some talk to me. Some come up to me and some say hi and all that stuff. Some will just take a picture. That kind of thing. I just kind of throw my headphones on and go.”
When Eason’s time was done for interviews on signing day, somebody in the media horde asked if Eason would pose for a picture with him. He obliged.
“He’s the face of the offense,” said freshman defensive tackle Julian Rochester, one of six early enrollees. “I feel like between him and (Greyson) Lambert, it’s going to be a good battle. He’s really just like the future for the next three or four years.”
Redshirt junior Brice Ramsey also will be in the competition.
If all of it is getting to Eason’s head, it’s not showing to his teammates.
“That’s one of the most humble dudes I’ve met since I’ve been here,” Rochester said.
Smart was looking forward to spending more time with Eason and the rest of his teammates.
“I’ve been out recruiting, flying around in the helicopters, doing all the bits trying to recruit,” he said. “Obviously, I’d been communicating with Jacob. We’ve had some academic meetings. We’re catching up to speed now. He’s acclimated well, doing a good job in the classroom. We’re holding him to a high expectation as a leader on this team.”

...READ MORE HERE...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.