Anyone Remember Clem Gryska ?

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Re: Anyone Remember Clem Griscoe?

He was a great man and knew more inside scoop on Alabama football than anyone. He had great stories but was also a great story teller. He could also be very kind. Case in point, my son had sort of a gofer job around the athletic department while he was in undergrad. One night he was doing the chores you'd expect at a dinner for former football players -- handing out name tags, giving directions, making sure the microphones were working, etc. Each table at the dinner had a coach seated at it. As the preliminaries wound up and the dinner started to get underway, my son was done with his duties and was ducking out the door to head back to his apartment. Coach Gryska stopped him, insisted he fill in the empty seat at his table, and let him listen to Alabama football stories for the evening.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Some memories in that pic. I think they've got Ken Donahue and Mal Moore backwards on there though.
I agree. Ken Donahue looks like a BIG dude. Now, was he the coach that spent a lot of midnight oil preparing for some big time winning?

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

Thanks to the mod for correcting the spelling in thread title. It was kind of eating at some of us old heads. By the way, I don't blame the OP for spelling what he heard in conversation. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.