Game Thread: Super Bowl L

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I surely don't know...I don't think their lackluster WR corp hurt them until they ran into a buzzsaw.

And to be clear, they could've had prime Jerry Rice and Randy Moss out there and I'm not sure it would make a difference. Can't catch passes when your QB is horizontal or running for his life.
OTOH, only the Broncos put him in that position...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I didn't confirm this but I read somewhere that Cam named his son "Chosen." If true that's disturbing..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
"I'm on record as being a sore loser. I hate losing. You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

Yup. I don't care for the way he handles himself - I'd handle things differently - but I get that part.

The rest is drivel.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No one is going to listen to that interview and think better of him. It really is all about him. I, I, I, me, me, me...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
"I'm on record as being a sore loser. I hate losing. You show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."

Yup. I don't care for the way he handles himself - I'd handle things differently - but I get that part.

The rest is drivel.
You can still be a good sport and hate losing. You can still act like a professional and hate losing. You can still refrain from going after a fumble and hate losing. Well, 2 out of 3 anyway.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

The rest is drivel.
I see it all as drivel. Just excusing himself for being jerk.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

The rest is drivel.
you show me a sore loser and i'll show you a loser

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The problem with Cam's quote of "You show me a good/sore loser and I'll show you a loser" is it is simply a false concept. Some of the greatest athletes in sports have lost and handled themselves with maturity. This is what this is really all about. An immature adult trying to excuse away his immature behavior because he lost at a game which pays him hundreds of millions of dollars to play. Go take stupid to people who are stupid enough to accept it. I was raised better.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The problem with Cam's quote of "You show me a good/sore loser and I'll show you a loser" is it is simply a false concept. Some of the greatest athletes in sports have lost and handled themselves with maturity. This is what this is really all about. An immature adult trying to excuse away his immature behavior because he lost at a game which pays him hundreds of millions of dollars to play. Go take stupid to people who are stupid enough to accept it. I was raised better.
The problem I have is that some want us to accept Cam, as accepting a new culture. But he doesn't represent the best of any culture imo. So accepting his personality is lowering your standards of what makes someone good throughout our history back 2 thousand years. Humility in defeat, that there is something always greater than a game, even war. It's about other people, not yourself, and Cam preaches it's about Cam.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think that he was quoting Vince Lombardi

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think he'll be back in the Super Bowl because he is a very good QB. However, it may take another loss in the Super Bowl before he gains that needed maturity.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
I can't stand him, never have and never will. He's nothing more than a showboater. He just flat needs to grow up. Today some of the media is defending him saying that the questioning was bad. So. He still needs to be a grown up and face the music. He can mouth off when he wins but has nothing to say when he loses. Ok I'm done with my soapbox.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.