Link: Another Recruiting Year Brings Another NSD Drama Story

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's almost like the writer took it as a personal affront.
Yep, this is exactly what happened. This writer is upset because he thinks that he came off looking bad, so now the school and everyone involved are idiots. The reality - no one cares about this writer's tweet. It was correct given the information available at the time. But anyone that reads this will view this writer differently. He made himself a part of the story, if not the story itself. Really bad form.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I agree the author is trying to make this a bigger deal than it really is. Pretty poorly written, also.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
If y'all only knew... those of us in the Montgomery area are subjected to this guy daily. He essentially replaced Josh Moon, ring a bell? Anyway, he has a dislike of all things Bama and Saban. We seldom do anything right in his view. One of his recent tirades was about how OJ Howard was making a serious mistake by returning for his senior year. About a year ago he raved over how Gus was schooling Saban in recruiting when he dipped into Saban's backyard and got a couple of Georgia db's to flip from UA to AU, but not a peep when Evans chose us over auburn. Oh for the good old days of sports reporting instead of op-ed being passed off as reporting. Rant over.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If y'all only knew... those of us in the Montgomery area are subjected to this guy daily. He essentially replaced Josh Moon, ring a bell? Anyway, he has a dislike of all things Bama and Saban. We seldom do anything right in his view. One of his recent tirades was about how OJ Howard was making a serious mistake by returning for his senior year. About a year ago he raved over how Gus was schooling Saban in recruiting when he dipped into Saban's backyard and got a couple of Georgia db's to flip from UA to AU, but not a peep when Evans chose us over auburn. Oh for the good old days of sports reporting instead of op-ed being passed off as reporting. Rant over.
I usually ignore any of Rankin's pieces because of this.

Read this particular one because the headline intrigued me a bit. Yes, he comes off as bitter as several have said.

The bigger thing to me from the situation - how does this happen? A head coach doesn't know his player won't be eligible? The coach can't get in touch with Florida while the training facility can? There were just some questions from it that caught my attention.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The bigger thing to me from the situation - how does this happen? A head coach doesn't know his player won't be eligible? The coach can't get in touch with Florida while the training facility can? There were just some questions from it that caught my attention.
Easy answer, the player found out late and never told his coach. Why would the coach think that something had changed if no one told him?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Easy answer, the player found out late and never told his coach. Why would the coach think that something had changed if no one told him?
Would seem to me the coach would be in touch with the school counselor about the player's grades. Also, how does the player just now find out? If the grades were so bad he couldn't improve them during the spring, the situation would have been known for awhile.

Could very well be Florida only took his commitment in hopes of landing Mack Wilson and decided to tell the kid about the grades when they realized Mack wasn't coming to Florida.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
This doesn't float with me. Our coach in HS was always briefed about grades by teachers (along with discipline problems, or anything else).

There are red flags here...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Would seem to me the coach would be in touch with the school counselor about the player's grades.
Thanks - did not think of that angle. If I were his coach, I would know what grades he needed and ride him to ensure that he got them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.