News Article: Pat Haden Stepping Down From USC in June

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ign-usc-athletic-director-june-2016/79881362/

Haden has run USC’s athletic department for 5 1/2 years, taking over from Mike Garrett in 2010 with a primary mandate to lead the Trojans through a multiyear stretch of NCAA sanctions against its vaunted football program. USC endured a two-year bowl ban, probation and significant scholarship losses for alleged misdeeds surrounding Heisman Trophy-winning tailback Reggie Bush during the tenure of former coach Pete Carroll.
Always had mixed feelings about Haden. On the one hand he was basically hired to return USC to the good graces of the NCAA and improve transparency and athlete academics, which he achieved. On the other hand, he was woefully inept at putting the parts in place to build a successful football program. Though that is only a portion (though arguably the most important) of his job. Other sports had great success during his tenure. A mixed bag at best, but I wish him the best - and certainly pray for his health now and in the future.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He inherited a train wreck, but he didn't help turn it around at all. He really needed to move on down the road.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The incident where he left the press box and came down to the sidelines during a game a couple of years ago really soured me on him. I actually used to enjoy his color commentary back when he called college games years ago on CBS and the guy was one heck of a ball player. It will be interesting to see who they get to replace him. SC is definitely a sleeping giant.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm thinking CLK would like a little payback in Dallas because of the way he was fired. Looks like that won't happen now.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'd say coaches helton,tee martin and neil calloway better win some games so as to impress the new ad!
Pat Dye says that Neil Calloway is one of the best O line coaches out there and if you say otherwise like Finebaum said a long time back then "YOUR OUTTA LINE."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.