Link: David Brooks - "I Miss Barack Obama"

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Obama radiates an ethos of integrity, humanity, good manners and elegance that I’m beginning to miss, and that I suspect we will all miss a bit, regardless of who replaces him.

Heh.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Brooks used the word "the traits of character and leadership" in the same sentence with the word "Obama" and the use was not by way of contrast or sarcasm.

Then he actually wrote this:

Well, alrighty, then.
Scandal free? However, lots of lies and deception!!!!!!!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Obama radiates an ethos of integrity, humanity, good manners and elegance that I’m beginning to miss, and that I suspect we will all miss a bit, regardless of who replaces him.

Heh.
Did that author mean to put that in TideFans BOLD BLUE font? Since he didn't, I will!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
The Atlantic, 2013: The Biggest Obama Scandals Are Proven and Ignored

Obama has not, as Sullivan points out, traded arms for hostages with Iran, or started a war with no planning for the inevitable occupation that would follow. But there are different questions that could be asked about Obama that would perhaps be more relevant to his behavior.

Has he ordered the assassination of any American citizens in secret without due process? Did he kill any of their teenage kids without ever explaining how or why that happened?

Has he refused to reveal even the legal reasoning he used to conclude his targeted killing program is lawful?

Has he waged an unprecedented war on whistleblowers?

Has he spied on millions of innocent Americans without a warrant or probable cause?

Does he automatically count dead military-aged males killed by U.S. drones as "militants"?

Did he "sign a bill that enshrines in law the previously merely alleged executive power of indefinite detention without trial of terror suspects"?

There is more, as Sullivan knows, and it all amounts to a scandalous presidency, even if it happens that few Republicans care about the most scandalous behavior, and have instead spent almost a year* now obsessing about Benghazi. The IRS scandal and Department of Justice leak-investigation excesses are worrisome, but the biggest scandals definitely go all the way to the top, and are still largely ignored even by commentators who have acknowledged that they're happening. Sullivan has noted the stories as they broke, and seemed, for fleeting moments, to confront their gravity, noting the violation of very serious laws, and even once stating that Obama deserves to be prosecuted! Yet in response to Noonan, he writes, "So far as I can tell, this president has done nothing illegal, unethical or even wrong." How inexplicably they forget.

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
IRS targeting of conservative groups is one of the biggest scandals of his administration, but who's paying attention?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Barack Obama is always blameless for the various guilts of his administration. He was just as shocked and astounded as we all were about the IRS, and found out about it at the same time we did. Compartmentalization. He's a pro at, that's for sure. I won't miss him, but I know many will. Some still miss George W. Bush.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Barack Obama is always blameless for the various guilts of his administration. He was just as shocked and astounded as we all were about the IRS, and found out about it at the same time we did. Compartmentalization. He's a pro at, that's for sure. I won't miss him, but I know many will. Some still miss George W. Bush.
Does anyone else get the feeling that Obama and Cam Newton are the same person?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Don't know. What I do know, however, is that I would love to see Obama get lit up by the Bronco defense like sCam was.

Would go a long way to paying off the debt if this happened on pay per view
and you pay every time you re-watch it. I'd find a way to fit it my budget, that's certain.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Would go a long way to paying off the debt if this happened on pay per view
and you pay every time you re-watch it. I'd find a way to fit it my budget, that's certain.
I don't think football pants come in Mom Jeans sizes, do they?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Heh.
That is simply astounding, even for the scum that passes for media in Washington.
Integrity? Solyndra, weaponizing the IRS, Fast & Furious, Benghazi, giving nukes to Iran while swearing he was stopping Iran from getting nukes, etc., etc.
Humanity? He is a petulant spotty teenager who never grew up.
Good manners? "The police acted stupidly" before he knew the facts? He would not know decorum if it fell off the roof and hit him in the head.
Elegance:

Miss him? Not hardly. I'm much more likely to be the guy at his farewell carrying the "Worst President Ever" sign.
Good riddance. Please don't write when you get wherever you're going.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.