Sweeping Sexual Assault Filed against the Univ. of Tennessee

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
That is not what am saying, God people take stuff out of context ! There are some sick people in this world, that see a half naked young girl & get turned on by it, When a young woman shows off everything she's got she sometimes gives the wrong impression to the wrong people. And that does fly !!!! I heard a cheerleader sponsor in the Huntsville area make the statement about the girl's uniforms being to short , She said LEGS & BUTT'S SELL TICKETS, I thought she was the dumbest girl I have ever seen. And she is still at the school.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That is not what am saying, God people take stuff out of context ! There are some sick people in this world, that see a half naked young girl & get turned on by it, When a young woman shows off everything she's got she sometimes gives the wrong impression to the wrong people. And that does fly !!!! I heard a cheerleader sponsor in the Huntsville area make the statement about the girl's uniforms being to short , She said LEGS & BUTT'S SELL TICKETS, I thought she was the dumbest ***** I have ever seen. And she is still at the school.
No one took anything out of context when you only made a one sentence post. If that's not what you meant, you would be wise to give more than just a one line comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
But the bottom line is no is no, and that some in our society cannot control their impulses, but our society is out of whack. 3 generations now where the majority are raised more by the television and media than working parents. Unlike other animals, a large majority of the young are in mating season 24/7, and their dress reflects that. And it is true that if you want to stop sexual assault, if that is the goal, then both male and female would have to make changes. A good majority of the media has a sexual theme.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Universities supply the lawyers to attempt to shield themselves. Think FSU.
Unscrupulous 'Boosters' supply money by back channels to shield star players too.

In most cases the victim has no one funding her effort to obtain justice, just her family. Kind of a one sided proceeding.
Yet the NCAA looks the other way. To me that makes them just as culpable in this as the school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Doesn't matter according to Title IX. Even if both parties are equally drunk and consent is given but, the next day she decides she meant to say no, it is now considered rape. This is crazy wrong IMO, regret should not equal rape but, it does now under Title IX. I work at a local college and we have had employee training classes about Title IX and our role as employees, the above example was give in these meetings. If fact, they said that even if both were sober and consent was given, the woman could change her mind at any point afterwards, months even, and it is now considered rape. I'm not making this up, our Title IX coordinator told us this stuff. Change your mind months later and it is now rape... that's not right IMO.

Title IX is set up to kick out the accused, guilt or innocence does not matter. There is no burden of proof for colleges, reasonable doubt does not matter. The only thing that matters is that the school thinks an accused might have done it, that's the only conclusion that must be reached and that student is gone. This is just stupid IMO, Title IX leaves very little protection for the accused.

Also according to those meetings, if we as employees witness a sexual assault, or any assault, on campus we are not suppose to call the police but, instead call the Title IX coordinator. I asked if we should also call law enforcement and was told no, the school would determine if that was necessary. After these meetings I'm convinced that Title IX is not about protecting students but protecting schools from lawsuits.

It really bothers me how guilt is assumed and that schools have no burden proof that must be achieved. Don't get me wrong, I think rapists should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law but, the fact that regret can now equal rape is very troubling.
Exactly the point I was making earlier but expounding on it much better than I could. Thank you.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Doesn't matter according to Title IX. Even if both parties are equally drunk and consent is given but, the next day she decides she meant to say no, it is now considered rape. This is crazy wrong IMO, regret should not equal rape but, it does now under Title IX. I work at a local college and we have had employee training classes about Title IX and our role as employees, the above example was give in these meetings. If fact, they said that even if both were sober and consent was given, the woman could change her mind at any point afterwards, months even, and it is now considered rape. I'm not making this up, our Title IX coordinator told us this stuff. Change your mind months later and it is now rape... that's not right IMO.
It is not right legally, either - meaning that if she told a prosecutor that she consented but felt regret later, there would be no charges files. That is not rape as defined by the law.

Sounds like wherever you learned this, it was a cover your behind exercise. But that is not what Title IX is about. Don't let your experience taint the need to protect our young women from men like Winston.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Almost a great video. What is missing is the scenario "I said yes to tea last night, and drank the tea. But today I wish I had said no, because in hindsight I regret drinking it."
That is not part of the consent discussion. It allows a person to think to him/her-self that, since that sort of things happens, how often are rape allegations legit?

People come up with a laundry list of reasons to question rape allegations, even today.
People come up with a laundry list of reasons to blame the victim, even today.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I know nothing about the facts of this case except what has been in the news, but I suspect the under the water part of this iceberg is the special administrative hearing procedure. If you are the only one in the world that has something set up like this, it's easy to make it seem fishy no matter how legitimate it is. They probably keep records and what is in those records may control the day. If they don't keep any records it is already over and Hart may be in trouble.

Wonder if he wishes he had stayed in Tuscaloosa?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
All I know is this thread led to a discussion once again with my 15 yr. old boy about the way to behave with girls. I don't think we can have too many conversations with young people about these issues. The coaches can talk to these guys all they want to, but the guys have to buy in just like anything else with the program.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Listen, I just stepped off a college campus not to many years ago -my wife is still finishing up her degree, so while I'm no expert i've seen a few things.

All I know are that both parties have a responsibility to make good decisions.

Can a victim be at fault for their own rape? NO. NEVER.

Can the victim willfully place themselves in compromising positions or scenarios with more danger? Yes. Unfortunately.

In the world we are working towards, a person can go anywhere and do anything without the fear of being raped. That truth is that isn't where we live.

The victim is never at fault but decisions can be made to mitigate the likelihood of these opportunities.

If a single girl goes alone to a frat party without telling her friends or family where she is and gets black-out drunk...that's a bad scenario to place herself in. If she is taken advantage of, that act perpetrated on her is not her fault- a willful decision was made on the part of the perpetrator to take advantage of her... HOWEVER as a rational, objective human, that situation can be diagnosed and deemed risky and she has a responsibility to take steps to navigate around that danger. Should it be risky? Absolutely not, but it is - for now.

Many decisions and factors go into creating these scenarios - and it is 100% the job of the perpetrators to change their sick behavior....but just because everybody knows that ISIS is the one at fault and needs to change their behavior doesn't mean I buy a plane ticket to vacation in Raqqa, Syria.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It is not right legally, either - meaning that if she told a prosecutor that she consented but felt regret later, there would be no charges files. That is not rape as defined by the law.

Sounds like wherever you learned this, it was a cover your behind exercise. But that is not what Title IX is about. Don't let your experience taint the need to protect our young women from men like Winston.
I know it is not right legally but, this is what is being taught on campuses across this country.

The schools are not a court of law and do not have to prove anything before they expel a kid. If you give consent but change your mind 8 months later the schools now call that sexual assault and will expel someone without even giving them a chance to defend themselves. Sorry but regret will never = rape IMO.

Thankfully, some are fighting back:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/11/yes-means-yes-policy-coming-under-fire-from-judges.html

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Lawsuit: Tennessee coach Butch Jones called player a 'traitor'

University of Tennessee football coach Butch Jones told one of his players he “betrayed the team” after the wide receiver helped a woman who said she was raped by two other football players, according to a new legal filing in a sweeping lawsuit filed by six women against UT.

Sophomore Drae Bowles “broke down and cried” after speaking with his coach, the lawsuit said.

Jones later called Bowles back to apologize for calling him “a traitor to the team,” according to the suit.

The two calls with Jones came after Bowles was punched in the mouth and bloodied by teammate Curt Maggitt as retribution inside the UT locker room, according to the new filing.

Bowles, who transferred to UT Chattanooga shortly after the November 2014 incidents, provided the account of events in a sworn affidavit filed in federal court in Nashville.

The legal filing is the latest in the ongoing federal lawsuit that has brought renewed scrutiny to UT’s athletics department. Also on Wednesday, two new women claiming they were also sexually assaulted by football players joined the lawsuit.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Great way to be a "Role Model" to your players Butch..The Viles Football Program should've been shut down years ago for selling their orange souls to the devil in hopes it would lead to shutting down Bama Football & damn near succeeded..I dunno..I'm enjoying watching them strive their best to stay at the state of mediocrity level, they've been at for the last 10yrs, cause it's killing the vol's fans that supports the puke orange nation..But..I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep should they ever get their football program shut down for a couple years either..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.