Sweeping Sexual Assault Filed against the Univ. of Tennessee

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Even for them, I don't see how BJ can keep his job if remotely true. Maybe LK would apply for the opening... Be kinda funny

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
UT released the below statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know unless the guy recorded the conversation where he called him a traitor, Jones can deny it and say it was comments made from a disgruntled player. Jones/UT will squirm out of this somehow but I hope it hurts UT really badly.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Many decisions and factors go into creating these scenarios - and it is 100% the job of the perpetrators to change their sick behavior....but just because everybody knows that ISIS is the one at fault and needs to change their behavior doesn't mean I buy a plane ticket to vacation in Raqqa, Syria.
I agree with you. Unwanted sexual attacks are nothing but rape. There are not excuses or exceptions. I do believe there are reasonable things that women can do to minimize the chance of a sexual attack. First, dress decently. Don't invite attention from the perverts out there. Also, be selective as to where you go (socially and how you act). Stay sober. I'm not saying these things to stir the pot here, but sexual assault is a terrible thing and often have a long lasting emotional impact on the victim. Bringing an attacker to justice in a court of law does not erase the emotional pain of the victim.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
In a sane world he does get fired, and punished along with getting fired. But, we live in a world in which a woman gets abused and apparently raped, and how do do the police and the university respond? They cover it up and get the rapist a lawyer. Was anyone punished for that? Not really.

I will say this as clearly as I can. I think Nick Saban is a good man, not just a good football coach. I think he can be abrasive, I think he makes choices regarding discipline that sometimes are not what I would personally choose, but I do feel he behaves in an ethical manner and one in which he feels is right. Having said all of that, if credible reports come forward that have him engaging in any behavior that is similar to what went on at Tennessee, I would want him fired as soon as possible.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Consider the possibility that Butch Jones didn't say this. In the original articles and court filings it was said that other TN players called the TN player who helped the girl a traitor - no mention of Jones. The statements and court filings are later amended to add Jones. Why? The easy answer - because saying that Jones said this makes it into an institutional problem. It ups the ante considerably.

Now Jones has to prove that he didn't say it. How can he do that?

If I were Butch Jones, and I did not say this, I would be looking for a way to leave TN while helping the victims. I would be looking to clear my name and distance myself from this school. My career as a head coach at TN would drop to the bottom of my list of priorities.

I don't know what role Jones played in all of this. At best he was guilty of not knowing what he should have known. But I am not taking it for granted that he said this because it is just too convenient and represents a change in the story of the accusers.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Consider the possibility that Butch Jones didn't say this. In the original articles and court filings it was said that other TN players called the TN player who helped the girl a traitor - no mention of Jones. The statements and court filings are later amended to add Jones. Why? The easy answer - because saying that Jones said this makes it into an institutional problem. It ups the ante considerably...

I don't know what role Jones played in all of this. At best he was guilty of not knowing what he should have known. But I am not taking it for granted that he said this because it is just too convenient and represents a change in the story of the accusers.
The issue with this, and what we have seen at Penn State and FSU is allegations that are clear and damning coming out and the head coach taking no action. By all appearances, Butch Jones knew he had players doing things completely inappropriate and there is no sign of his taking appropriate actions. Does it really matter what he said when what he did seems pretty clear?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
If I learned one thing from Making a Murderer it's to not make a snap judgement based on headlines or the media. If it's true, Jones has to be fired, as well as any other members of the UT administration that let this continue. If not, I can't imagine how disgruntled a former player must be to make up this type of accusation.

We obviously all want to see UT burn to the ground, but I don't want to seem them burn unless this 100% positively happened. These are real people, not just players and coaches of a rival team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.