Sweeping Sexual Assault Filed against the Univ. of Tennessee

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I used to think Karma was a real female dog when crossed. Now I think she may also be a pit bull.

As I've posted before, I will never forget or forgive what the highest levels of administration at UTe, backed by a howling orange mob of a fanbase. tried to do to us.

My sympathies lie with the victims. If his affadavit is truthful, that would include Drae Bowles. If you've seen Jones' red-faced, vein-bulging sideline rants, you can absolutely see him saying what Bowles says he did.

Their athletics could get busted down to FCS level, and I would shed no tears.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I gave a long, sincere sigh of relief when Hart left UA, where he was the heir apparent. I've let out several more since...
Hart has been a disaster as AD. How does he still have a job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
The Butch Jones tweet is fake, but it may happen. There is a "can you prove the code red" thing going on. I personally don't think anything happens to him from this.

Things are coming out of that gaudy orange paneling up there, but they are circling wagons.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Not defending Hart's performance as AD, but there is a pattern of incidents that go way back before he got to UT.
The same can be said about his background. It appears to have been an arranged marriage where the parties have so much in common.

One other point: Anybody can say anything in a lawsuit. But it's telling to me that these events took place while the UT athletic department reportedly was running up huge deficits. There may have been a smothering air of desperation that led Hart and others to follow the money instead of something so trifling as the right thing to do.

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
As bad as things got for us during the Dubose-Price era, and with Fulmer , even with the NCAA saying we were looking down the barrel of a gun. These sexual allegations at UT are bumping into the Penn State area of lack of institutional control and if proven felony charges being covered up, the the judicial system gets involved and the NCAA is on the outside looking in. Look how bad Penn State was hurt and still what do u think about when people say Penn State football, its not Joe Pa , its Jerry Sandusky. So where with UcheaT wind up when all is said and done?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The issue with this, and what we have seen at Penn State and FSU is allegations that are clear and damning coming out and the head coach taking no action. By all appearances, Butch Jones knew he had players doing things completely inappropriate and there is no sign of his taking appropriate actions. Does it really matter what he said when what he did seems pretty clear?
There is a huge difference between taking no overt action and actively getting involved in a cover-up, and telling a kid that tried to help a victim a traitor would fall into the later category.

Jones may be another Fisher - but I remain unconvinced.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
There is a huge difference between taking no overt action and actively getting involved in a cover-up, and telling a kid that tried to help a victim a traitor would fall into the later category.

Jones may be another Fisher - but I remain unconvinced.
Well Fisher took no action, I don't think I've seen proof of his active involvement either but I still hold him accountable. He knew what was going on, I mean there's a girlfriend of his player posting pictures of abuse on social media and what does he do? Nothing. The whole, I won't take action unless someone is convicted is just plain old messed up and I don't think there needs to be a active cover-up on their part to hold them accountable.

The story is pretty elaborate for one player to have made up though, and if you can produce the victim and the football player which it seems they can, you have a story that's hard to dispute. What incentive would both them have to make up something so elaborate as this story? It would make for a pretty far fetched thing to concoct. I am the type to wait on proof, but a former football player saying it happened is about as close to proof as you're going to get. That's like a police officer going on record as saying people in the department are taking bribes (while you can also produce the person who says they paid the bribe), there's not a lot of scenarios in which someone comes out and does something like that without it being what actually happened.

I get your point to the degree that we don't know all the facts... but what we do know so far is pretty damning. I'm not really sure about the Peyton Manning thing, that still seems a bit dubious but it seems clear Butch Jones had some bad guys on his team he had little interest in dealing with properly.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.