Link: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Hold Up!"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Hold U

I think it's obvious by now that Harbaugh will stretch the rules as far as they will go until stopped...

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Re: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Hold U

I agree with those who contend Michigan's actions amount to an extra benefit for the players. To clarify... Suppose the Alabama AD announced that starting in 2017, all Alabama football players will have the option to take a spring-break all-expenses-paid one-week trip to Hawaii... or Bahamas or whatever. (Of COURSE they'll practice some football while there...) If the NCAA would be OK with this, then I suppose I have no gripe with Michigan's action. If the NCAA would perceive it as an extra benefit, then I don't see how they can ignore Michigan's actions.
Good point. If CNS would line up a trip to Hawaii for at least one week of spring practice every year, it would be no different than what Harbaugh is doing. We could announce to recruits about the trip. What a great recruiting tool. Of course, before we could make the first trip, the NCAA would get into the panic mode and change things in a hurry. I would love to see us escalate this war.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I think it's obvious by now that Harbaugh will stretch the rules as far as they will go until stopped...
I agree. He beat the system this year but this won't be allowed in the future. Was a smart move to get all the attention he is getting for himself and the program. While Coach Saban probably does not like it he probably does appreciate the creativity that he has been known for also.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN

As an aside. Has anyone taken notice how awkwardly weird Jim Harbaugh is? He did an interview last year with Colin Cowherd that was a train wreck. They did a follow up interview a week or so ago trying to "make up" for the awkward interview last year. Though this one was better, it still was painfully obvious (to me at least) that Jim Harbaugh has some sort of disorder. It's like the guy zones in and out of the conversation and cannot stay focused on what's being said. I got the impression (along with other interviews I've seen him do) that he'll disengage from the conversation then re-enter a few seconds later and have this look on his face like he was just dropped from an airplane onto a strange island and he's just taken the blind fold off. Very, very weird dude.
Sounds like too many head injuries to me...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This is absurd...

Opposing coaches not allowed to peek in on Michigan's Florida trip, NCAA says

Though Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio hinted they would show up at Michigan's open practice Friday, they aren't allowed to attend.

"There won't be any coaches here," said Chris Howard, NCAA director of enforcement for football development.
Don't like Hugh Freeze, but I believe he is correct with this comment Greg Ostendorf tweeted:

When asked about Michigan practicing down in Florida this spring, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze says he's all for being creative, but..."I'm not sure how a college coach can be on a high school campus during a quiet period." Freeze said he requested to view Michigan's open practice tomorrow but isn't sure that will happen.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Yeah, I've heard the first one but the second one I haven't. Did you hear the one that was reported on the NFL Network when the situation in S.F. was falling apart? Report was he showed up at the GM's door at like 6:00 in the morning banging on his door about something that was so menial but in Harbaugh's mind (because he'd been obsessing over it) had to be dealt with "right now". Absolutely nuts.
This sounds like something that "Rain Man" would do...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Ho...

Well I think we can all get behind trolling EwwwT. Harbaugh is a first class jack wagon, but I wholeheartedly approve of his trolling powers being directed at Junior&LuLuU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Ho...

I wonder what he would do if all 14 SEC coaching staffs showed up at his "open" practice accompanied by their entourage of various state troopers.

How would he stop them?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Ho...

I wonder what he would do if all 14 SEC coaching staffs showed up at his "open" practice accompanied by their entourage of various state troopers.

How would he stop them?

Look back a page. The NCAA already said other coaches can't be there

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Look back a page. The NCAA already said other coaches can't be there
Well that is about as blatantly ridiculous as anything I have ever seen from the NCAA. Harbaugh must have some good pictures of some of the folks high up in enforcement.

Like Moro Creek said - CNS should just announce next years Hawaii week. I know Earle believes NCAA will not allow Michigan to do this again next year but I don't know why they allowed it this year and wouldn't next year. If they realized they screwed up - just tell them we screwed up - sorry, changed our mind - can't do it.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Harbaugh will be back in Alabama this summer for a satellite camp at Bob Jones High School...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.