Link: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Hold Up!"

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Hold U

Harbaugh will be back in Alabama this summer for a satellite camp at Bob Jones High School...

Just happens that Bob Jones has 3 or 4 D1 guys on their roster. He came to Montgomery/Prattville last year if I'm not mistaken. I don't think there is anything they can do about satellite camps but this spring trip bunk will not happen next year.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Re: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Hold U

It will stop, as soon as the SEC invades their territory, and does the same stuff. They'll scream like stuck pigs.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Re: Harbaugh Wants to Have a Week of Michigan Spring Practice in FL; SEC Says "Ho...

Well that is about as blatantly ridiculous as anything I have ever seen from the NCAA. Harbaugh must have some good pictures of some of the folks high up in enforcement.

Like Moro Creek said - CNS should just announce next years Hawaii week. I know Earle believes NCAA will not allow Michigan to do this again next year but I don't know why they allowed it this year and wouldn't next year. If they realized they screwed up - just tell them we screwed up - sorry, changed our mind - can't do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ncaa is run by a bunch of bureaucratic morons. They don't have the intellectual capacity to come to such a conclusion.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

It will stop, as soon as the SEC invades their territory, and does the same stuff. They'll scream like stuck pigs.
Not much reason to a lot of times. They don't turn out a whole ton of talent up there in comparison to the South.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

We know that, "they" know that. (Which is why they come down here.) Doesn't mean they would stand for it.

Just like the good ol' days..............CPB does something, the next thing you know there is another "Bryant Rule".

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

Summer practice for Alabama on one of the Great Lakes in Michigan would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

The NCAA has shut down satellite camp, effective immediately.

D1 Council approves rule requiring FBS camps and clinics be conducted on a school's campus or in regular facilities.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Harbaugh, Michigan spend extravagantly on spring break trip to Florida

Michigan spent $348,553 on its trip for spring break football practices at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida, according to information the university provided Friday to CBS Sports from an open-records request.

Jim Harbaugh took the Wolverines to IMG Academy for a week in early March, drawing criticism from SEC commissioner Greg Sankey and some SEC coaches. The practices were widely viewed as a recruiting trip to brand Michigan in a new geographic location, although many Michigan players said publicly they enjoyed the vacation.

Michigan spent $146,912 for the IMG training facility visit, which included facility rentals, housing and meals. Other costs included $107,148 for airfare, $51,395 for ground transportation, $39,519 for meals and per diem, and $3,580 for unspecified other expenses. Michigan practiced for four days and had one off day.

To put the costs in perspective, Michigan's IMG trip was more than the 2014-15 operating game-day expenses for 13 University of Michigan teams, according to the university's financial report submitted to the U.S. Department of Education. Michigan generated $152.5 million in total revenue during 2014-15 -- good enough for fourth highest in the country -- according to USA Today Sports.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.