White Helmets

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I would be opposed to crimson pants, and any other logo other than the numerals. But white helmets are a part of our history. I understand we wore white in the beginning because they could never get the paint to stay on the helmets. But still, they are a part of Alabama football lore, and I wish we'd break them out on occasion again.

Maybe for the neutral site games in which we are considered the road team.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I like the white helmets with our road unies and there is significant historical aspect to it. I would like to see it every once in awhile, as long as it's not used as some kind of motivational factor, like the Georgia black out. White helmets would be the only uniform change I will ever endorse. If they decided to remove the Crimson stripes off the pants, I would blow a gasket.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Didn't we wear Crimson pants and jerseys in the blue bonnet bowl in 1976 vs. UCLA?

Never mind, we played them in the Liberty Bowl that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I've always wanted white helmets like we used to wear on the road, of course in this picture there is too much white. Got to have red straps and outlines on the helmet. Of course knowing UA, we would have grey facemasks:biggrin:

PS-Just once in our lives can our Crimson helmets match our "too light to be Crimson" jerseys?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Didn't we wear Crimson pants and jerseys in the blue bonnet bowl in 1976 vs. UCLA?

Never mind, we played them in the Liberty Bowl that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope.

Last edited:

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Been a Tide fan for more 'n a day or two and can only remember them wearing anything other than white pants as being back in the Frank Thomas and early Red Drew eras when they wore khaki colored pants, dark crimson jerseys and with that combination usually wore white helmets with a red stripe. 'Course that was a day or two ago when they ran the box with tailbacks named Gilmer and Salem....so if you're really concerned about traditional, might want to replace those white pants with a khaki color and go to a white helmet and a lot darker colored jersey. Personally though, I like both of the current uniforms just fine, though a bit darker jersey would be just fine with me....

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
White helmets? No. Please leave the uniforms alone. There's a reason they look better than every other team in the NCAA.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I would absolutely love to see us break out our "White Helmets" just once in my lifetime..I think it looks great with our Crimson Jerseys..

I don`t really think that looks bad. Like the white helmets with the all white road unis better, though. Picture of Henry in all white looks awesome IMHO.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.