White Helmets

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Although I have nothing against the white helmets, this is the one thing I do wish would change. They do look like two different colors to me. I haven`t thought our jerseys looked truly "crimson" in many years. Crimson`s a deeper red, almost approaching maroon, I`ve always thought. I can distinctly remember us in a much deeper red jersey, particularly during Coach Bryant`s years.
IIRC CPB stated after a bad season (1969 perhaps) that the team didn't deserve to wear crimson and changed the jersey color. Helmet stayed the same..... me thinks.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Although I have nothing against the white helmets, this is the one thing I do wish would change. They do look like two different colors to me. I haven`t thought our jerseys looked truly "crimson" in many years. Crimson`s a deeper red, almost approaching maroon, I`ve always thought. I can distinctly remember us in a much deeper red jersey, particularly during Coach Bryant`s years.
Actually it's not. True Crimson is actually a fairly bright red. Alabama, OU, Indiana, Utah, and probably several other teams call their colors Crimson, but they are all different colors. Utah's is a pretty bright red and Indiana's is almost Maroon. Utah's color is probably the closest of all of them to the true crimson color.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Actually it's not. True Crimson is actually a fairly bright red. Alabama, OU, Indiana, Utah, and probably several other teams call their colors Crimson, but they are all different colors. Utah's is a pretty bright red and Indiana's is almost Maroon. Utah's color is probably the closest of all of them to the true crimson color.
There are apparently 2 shades of crimson that are officially sanctioned by the university- "Alabama light red-pantone 199" and "Alabama dark red - pantone 201". I think we've been using the light red on our jerseys for a while. I recall them being darker in years gone by.

[video]http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/alab/genrel/auto_pdf/alabama-logo-sheet.pdf[/video]

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.