White Helmets

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would absolutely love to see us break out our "White Helmets" just once in my lifetime..I think it looks great with our Crimson Jerseys..

This looks too much like Nebraska for me. I liked the "First Order" look with the white on white, though.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
White helmets and white shoes are a part of Alabama history. So, I wouldn't have a major problem with it. I don't know any people that wear the exact same clothes and shoes all the time. I see no problem with variety in the the uniforms.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
With our current uniforms, I assume that it`s a deliberate decision that the crimson helmets not match the jersey color. Anybody up on the reasoning behind that ? I`m old enough to remember when our jersey color was a deep crimson as opposed to what it is now ( red ). I always liked those.

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I sort of like the fact that we run absolutely counter to the trend of constant uni/helmet changes with complete consistency and stability. Any changes in a limited sense would only be half-measures meant to compete with team we are already superior to. MAYBE use the white helmets to commemorate a significant anniversary or historic event, but no more than that.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Leave it alone...except I do wish we could get the same color on the helmets and jerseys.

Is it because the helmet is "shiny" and the jersey is a "flat" color? OR, are they just two different shades of crimson?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Leave it alone...except I do wish we could get the same color on the helmets and jerseys.

Is it because the helmet is "shiny" and the jersey is a "flat" color? OR, are they just two different shades of crimson?
Although I have nothing against the white helmets, this is the one thing I do wish would change. They do look like two different colors to me. I haven`t thought our jerseys looked truly "crimson" in many years. Crimson`s a deeper red, almost approaching maroon, I`ve always thought. I can distinctly remember us in a much deeper red jersey, particularly during Coach Bryant`s years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.