Bloomberg Candidacy--Nightmare Scenario for Dems?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't see Bloomberg getting in the race at this stage of the game. The dems have already had debates, Iowa has already had it's caucus and NH primaries were yesterday. I don't know how much money he has or how much PAC support he would have at this stage. It takes a lot of time for a Presidential candidate to mount a substantial campaign and I don't think he even has time to get onto all the ballots, let alone build and man the campaign offices in all the remaining states. Iow, too much water has run under the bridge for him to throw his hat into the ring now.
He isn't trying to win, but to cause havoc. Sanders is so far left and trump is more beneficial to people like Bloomberg. But trump 1 on 1 vs sanders is a loser but Bloomberg could take democrat delegates that don't believe in sanders but can't vote for a republican. That's his plan. Plus Bloomberg would probably centralize in NY, MA, and other NE states. So it's not a full fledged organization.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He isn't trying to win, but to cause havoc. Sanders is so far left and trump is more beneficial to people like Bloomberg. But trump 1 on 1 vs sanders is a loser but Bloomberg could take democrat delegates that don't believe in sanders but can't vote for a republican. That's his plan. Plus Bloomberg would probably centralize in NY, MA, and other NE states. So it's not a full fledged organization.
Very interesting theory - a little Auburn-like - but interesting, nevertheless...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.