News Article: How Alabama is so successful with injury recovery and prevention

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama has one of the most talent-rich rosters in college football and is led by one of the greatest and most successful coaches in college football history, Nick Saban.

The Tide also has the benefit of having what Saban said he believes is "the best medical staff in the country."

You would be hard-pressed to find any medical team in the country or even in the NFL doing a better job of getting players back from serious injuries and preventing avoidable injuries altogether.

Drake is one of many recent success stories.

"I think Dr. Cain, Dr. Andrews, that whole group does a fantastic job," Saban said. "They have a great national reputation for what they do with professional athletes. And I think that helps us have the quality people on our medical staff, like Jeff Allen and Ginger and Jeremy and all those guys, not only do they do a great job developing trust with the athletes, but they do a great job with rehab and really just first-class, professional medical attention."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Very informative - makes you wonder what the other 17 NFL teams do.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Coach Saban leaves absolutely no stone unturned, and hires the best and brightest, it seems.

I read the article about the medical tent that they started using this season, which was linked on this article. I had no idea that Alabama engineering students designed and built it.

Built by BAMA, indeed.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
And what's even better ....... Jeff Allen and his team (Jeremy, Ginger, etc...) are super people. :)

And yes, Coach Saban leaves no stone unturned. Heck, he's thinking of stuff now that most people won't even know about until 2-3 more years.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
We are fortunate to have Dr. Andrews, that is nearly a recruiting tool. We have been blessed with few injuries during the season, I wonder sometimes if our preseason work is so thorough that if something is about to go, or you have a weakness, that it is exposed then. Pretty wild theory though.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I seldom talk about it but in 1979 a guy ran me down with a car and tried to kill me.
I received broken, arms, legs, and other assorted injuries.
At that time rehab was practically unheard of unless you were in sports.
I called and tried to locate Big John Hannah. I had met him a couple of times.
He was in Yankee Land, (Boston), but his mother found him for me.
Several weeks later Big John was back in Alabama. He took me to the university,
strength & conditioning coach, and they laid out my rehab for me.
I'll forever be in their debt. Needless to say it worked.
Even a modified Alabama injury rehab plan worked for me.
Nuff Said.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
Wish Prothro could have benefited more from this. He might have been in the NFL as a result. Glad Drake was able to get it. His TD run was such a thing of beauty and he deserved every single inch of it. What an effort by a young man who a couple of years ago I didn't think was going to be able to stay on the team.

Just Roll Tide is all...the process works, and so does the technology evidently.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
And now we have the magic tent. No telling what kind of shenanigans goes on inside. We probably have some voodoo witch doctor in there- or maybe Earnest Ainsly [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAHA..Yup..Seriously Though..Our medical tent is a stroke of genius that makes ya wonder why it wasn't thought of or designed years ago for injured players privacy on the sidelines..

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Coach Saban leaves absolutely no stone unturned, and hires the best and brightest, it seems.

I read the article about the medical tent that they started using this season, which was linked on this article. I had no idea that Alabama engineering students designed and built it.

Built by BAMA, indeed.
That tent will be seen on every sideline soon.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
That tent will be seen on every sideline soon.
I agree - now that Saban has done it, it seems silly that no one had before. Athletes deserve privacy as they are treated on the field, and I am sure that it allows for some treatments on the field that would have before required a trip to the locker room because of the lack thereof.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I agree - now that Saban has done it, it seems silly that no one had before. Athletes deserve privacy as they are treated on the field, and I am sure that it allows for some treatments on the field that would have before required a trip to the locker room because of the lack thereof.
And Alabama will reap the benefits since the trademark is owned by UA. I'm not sure if the owner is the athletic department or the engineering school, though.

Obviously, the majority of FBS schools (P5 at least) and the NFL will be the main buyers. I could see FCS, D2, D3, NAIA, and JUCO also buying it. Wouldn't shock me if some of the larger and wealthier high school teams bought a smaller version.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I wonder if the witch doctor and chicken bones are included in the deal?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.