More Harbaugh News - Hiring More High School Coaches of Signed Recruits

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The longer Harbaugh is HC at Michigan, the more & more I'm grateful, he's no where near Alabama or in the SEC close by..I had a ton of respect for the guy cause I think he can flat out coach with the best of them, but, the more ways his name keeps popping up in the media just isn't my cup of tea when it comes to a college HC having his name in the news..I'm sure Michigan Fans are still eating all things Harbaugh up, but, I just have that feeling he's going to become their worst nightmare come true one day soon & he's going to make them regret he was their HC ever at all..

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I am tiring of Harbaugh fast, he is like what the media perceived coach Saban to be when he came to Bama but only the real deal, an arse. Only positive is that it makes for a good game with OSU each year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Recruit being Najee Harris aside, this is absurd. How is this not a violation?

Jim Harbaugh visits Alabama commit Najee Harris, announces high school's Homecoming queen

Najee Harris has been committed to Alabama for 18 months, but it hasn't stopped schools like Michigan from trying to flip the country's top recruit.

Harris, a 6-foot-3, 235-pound running back, performed Friday night for Antioch (Calif.) High School in front of Michigan head coach Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh was wearing an Antioch sweatshirt. He also announced Antioch's Homecoming queen.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
This from last week:

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh hires Prattville assistant as analyst

So he hires an assistant from the same place he had his summer camp last year and has signed three players over the last two years.

From today:

Report: Devin Bush Sr. 'on the verge' of joining Michigan's football staff

So he reportedly offers an assistant job to the head coach of three incoming freshman and happens to be the father of one of the players.

Nothing against hiring high school coaches. That's normal. The guys he's hiring seems to be questionable, though. Really comes across as a package deal. I don't expect it from a guy like Harbaugh or a school like Michigan. That's the type of thing I expect from a coach like Freeze or Art Briles.
The danger in buying a package deal is you may not get what you think you will get.
Got to wonder if the NCAA has considered the possibility that they are going the long way around to buy players?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'm convinced Harbaugh has some form of Asperger's and eventually he will rub the people at Michigan just like he did in San Francisco. He gets to be unbearable.
I watched college football with a Michigan grad this weekend and he said that this has already started. He believes that even national championships will not be enough to save Harbaugh if he continues with this act. He is embarrassing the university publicly and destroying relationships within the program behind closed doors.

My response - this isn't an act. This is what you signed up for when you hired Jim Harbaugh.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I watched college football with a Michigan grad this weekend and he said that this has already started. He believes that even national championships will not be enough to save Harbaugh if he continues with this act. He is embarrassing the university publicly and destroying relationships within the program behind closed doors.

My response - this isn't an act. This is what you signed up for when you hired Jim Harbaugh.
I have some vendors in MI and WI and I'm hearing the exact same thing. One of these people (a Wisconsin grad who grew up a Michigan fan) described it as a "house of cards"... this whole thing feels like a kind of smoke and mirrors act.

The thing that doesn't fit with that for me is the on-field results. They beat the one good team they've played, and don't have another one until the end of the year, so even that makes it tough to tell... but they also absolutely crushed Florida in the bowl game last year, and looked really good doing it. (Dare I say, better than we did in the SECCG.)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have some vendors in MI and WI and I'm hearing the exact same thing. One of these people (a Wisconsin grad who grew up a Michigan fan) described it as a "house of cards"... this whole thing feels like a kind of smoke and mirrors act.

The thing that doesn't fit with that for me is the on-field results. They beat the one good team they've played, and don't have another one until the end of the year, so even that makes it tough to tell... but they also absolutely crushed Florida in the bowl game last year, and looked really good doing it. (Dare I say, better than we did in the SECCG.)
Thing is, he is a very good coach. He doesn't need to do all of this other stuff. He just can't help himself.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Thing is, he is a very good coach. He doesn't need to do all of this other stuff. He just can't help himself.
It seems to me he has some type of mental illness. I'm not a doctor or smart enough to diagnose it but he is just an extremely weird bird and don't think it is an act.

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
How is giving the father of a recruit a job not a NCAA violation? I remember an article about a college basketball coach not being able to attend his son's HS game because it was a dead period. Geez we could have avoided the whole Albert Means fiasco by giving the HS coach a job.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It seems to me he has some type of mental illness. I'm not a doctor or smart enough to diagnose it but he is just an extremely weird bird and don't think it is an act.
Agree, I don't believe it is an act. The reports that came out of San Francisco after he left were nuts. He showed up at the general managers front door at 6:00 o'clock in the morning wanting to discuss something that was absolutely trivial. The interview he did with Colin Cowherd that was nothing short of a radio train wreck. He's got something wrong with him and the longer he hangs around people the worse he gets on their nerves.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Agree, I don't believe it is an act. The reports that came out of San Francisco after he left were nuts. He showed up at the general managers front door at 6:00 o'clock in the morning wanting to discuss something that was absolutely trivial. The interview he did with Colin Cowherd that was nothing short of a radio train wreck. He's got something wrong with him and the longer he hangs around people the worse he gets on their nerves.
Maybe CTE?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Maybe CTE?
I'm not sure. But one thing his brother (John Harbaugh) said about him was how Jim could get lost in his own world many times. He said it is routine that you can be talking to Jim and ask him a question or the conversation requires a response from Jim. Only to have Jim literally sit there and just stare, like he's not even there. Jim Harbaugh's wife confirmed the same thing in an interview when they first took the Michigan job. But either way, he's a very, very odd bird.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.