Game Thread: Official Game Thread: Alabama vs. Texas A&M

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Incredible win. We've had our share of losses where we would have won if we had hit free throws in the closing seconds. I feel for the Texas A@M kid I truly do, but a great victory. I'm officially on the Avery Johnson bus. i really really like this guy. A lot! RTR!
Been on both ends with my son. He hit 1 of 2 to ice a game a couple of years ago. Then this year in a semi final middle school game, he gets fouled with 15 sec left and we're down by two. He nails the first one and his own coach calls a timeout! Ices his own player! He missed the second one and we end up losing by 3.

Happy for our guys! The play hard and never give up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Thrilling win for the Tide tonight! This is a fun team to watch..
The atmosphere at the game was terrific!

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
That foul at the end never gets called at the end of the game against the home team. My friend behind me commented it was the same official calling us for be fouls every time.

Great win though. These guys scrap and claw and fight till the buzzer. They might not be the best team ever, but they play hard. I love them all.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
That was almost too much excitement. Up by 11, and it takes Jimmie Taylor to hit both of his FTs and their guy, who was perfect, to miss 2.

On to The Swamp.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Still no SEC network for Optimum and since Optimum doesn't carry the network, I can't even watch it on the ESPN go app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I had to catch up on the 1st half and then watched 2nd half live.

Bama was more physical and outplayed TAM until the last 2.5 minutes; won rebounds 36 to 29.

House and Jones can play and TAM is talented and can run.

Coleman is a master at keeping his dribble alive. I think Coach Johnson has helped his game.

Hall made some plays that shows he has a big upside. He has more strength and control than Taylor and is just a freshman. I don't remember either of them doing the fade-away tonight which makes me think they are improving on muscling to the basket.

TAM played good defense but Bama shut itself down during the last 2:30 of the game. Got lucky on the missed free throws but losing would have been more bad luck than the win being good luck (make sense?).

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Incredible win. We've had our share of losses where we would have won if we had hit free throws in the closing seconds. I feel for the Texas A@M kid I truly do, but a great victory. I'm officially on the Avery Johnson bus. i really really like this guy. A lot! RTR!
Sip, we're dating ourselves, but do you remember the night at home when we lost the SEC championship to Vandy in '74? Our own 90 percent foul shooter, Charles Cleveland, missed a 1&1 with 10 seconds to go. Leon got the rebound under the basket, and Jan Van Breda Kolff of all people swatted his putback outta bounds. Nightmares, still.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'm amazed at what this team is doing. While it was lucky that aTm misses the FT's at the end, Bama controlled the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sip, we're dating ourselves, but do you remember the night at home when we lost the SEC championship to Vandy in '74? Our own 90 percent foul shooter, Charles Cleveland, missed a 1&1 with 10 seconds to go. Leon got the rebound under the basket, and Jan Van Breda Kolff of all people swatted his putback outta bounds. Nightmares, still.
Why did you have to bring that up! UGHHHHH. LOL. It brings back the thought of Bama-Indiana in 1976 in the NCAA. (By the way, I still contend that Kent Benson of the Hoosiers should have been called for offensive goal tending late in that game. His hands were clearly in the cylinder.)

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Why did you have to bring that up! UGHHHHH. LOL. It brings back the thought of Bama-Indiana in 1976 in the NCAA. (By the way, I still contend that Kent Benson of the Hoosiers should have been called for offensive goal tending late in that game. His hands were clearly in the cylinder.)
Is there ANYWHERE TO SEE all or part of that game?

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Not to mention how many times a 6' 11'' 270 pound man fell violently to the floor whenever Leon breathed on him. Sorry, there are three games that still scar me -- the '73 Kentucky game at Coleman; the '74 game vs. Vandy; the '76 loss to Indiana.

Here's to being back playing in some of the biggest games of the year very soon.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Not to mention how many times a 6' 11'' 270 pound man fell violently to the floor whenever Leon breathed on him. Sorry, there are three games that still scar me -- the '73 Kentucky game at Coleman; the '74 game vs. Vandy; the '76 loss to Indiana.

Here's to being back playing in some of the biggest games of the year very soon.
I'm a bit too young to remember those games so I will give my list:
- The 1985-86 loss to UK in the sweet 16. The NCAA put UA, UK, and LSU all in the same region. We had a mental block against UK and lost all 4 meetings with them that year even though we might have been the better team. LSU beat UK in an upset to go to the final 4.
- The 1986-87 sweet 16 loss to Providence. We had a great team but were drilled by Providence. Both Pitino and Donovan have been a thorn in our side ever since.
- The 1988-899 loss to USA in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament. The most biased officiating I've ever seen in the 2nd half of that game. We had a legitimate shot at the final 4 that year because that team was peaking at the right time and would have caught Michigan before they caught fire.
- The 1989-90 loss to Loyola Marymount. We had that game won and choked at the end.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.