Link: Top Five Head Football Coaches...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Can't they all just be Americans? Who was the coach born in Africa?
I think it was noteworthy considering the climate. And he is not talking about where they were born. I like Tomlin too, he is consistent and has great leadership qualities. And the buck has to stop at Belchick, coach Saban's mentor.

snake plissken

1st Team
Apr 13, 2011
Birmingham
I think it was noteworthy considering the climate. And he is not talking about where they were born. I like Tomlin too, he is consistent and has great leadership qualities. And the buck has to stop at Belchick, coach Saban's mentor.

This African American thing though, we are all Americans. The divide in this country has become unreal.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Who would you put on the list instead of Tomlin? I pulled these statistics from the Steelers website. Pretty impressive.
I would move Carroll to #4 and then put a blank space at #5. No one's really coming close to doing what those four are doing right now.

You sound like an Auburn fan.

In seriousness, if it weren't for bad luck, he'd have won two more Super Bowls and completed an undefeated season in 2008.
Sound like an Auburn fan? What?! I'm not sure I even compute that talking about an NFL coach, one known for cheating time and time again, means I sound like an Auburn fan.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And don't forget - Belichick was primarily responsible for the Giants winning two Super Bowls when he was an assistant and also getting the 1996 Patriots to the game as well.

Y'all do realize this is a DIFFERENT Cleveland Browns than the one who let Saban and Belichick go, don't you? That team is now the Baltimore Ravens, and they've done pretty good.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And don't forget - Belichick was primarily responsible for the Giants winning two Super Bowls when he was an assistant
I am not so sure - he was the defensive coordinator, and a great one, but Bill Parcells was the head coach of that team, and he ran that team. There was no second in command. There was Parcells, and everyone else did their jobs or got fired.

As for the quality of that defense - the GM and made all of the player personnel decisions, and the Giants had tremendous talent on that side of the ball - many HoF players. So, IMO, Belichick was the Kirby Smart of those defenses. He ran them, but he ran Parcells' system with players selected by someone else. He was only one piece of the puzzle, and not the most important one.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Sound like an Auburn fan? What?! I'm not sure I even compute that talking about an NFL coach, one known for cheating time and time again, means I sound like an Auburn fan.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

If Belichick was doing as much cheating as you imply, I doubt he would still be coaching in the NFL. Not saying he's squeaky clean, maybe he knows how far to push the envelope.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.